• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Closed to open cooling system aux fan switch option

AJ_learns_XJs

NAXJA Forum User
The Thermo-Switch mounting problem during a closed cooling system to an open system conversion has been discussed heavily here but I learned something that might help others down the road.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...;T=DGW)&Diagram=000018UH&PartNumbers=J0687550
HOSE, Outlet - "American Air" Air Conditioning

HOSE, Outlet - "American Air" Air Conditioning

FITTING - "American Air" Air Conditioning

These parts were part of the “dealer installed A/C” package and used a T section of pipe with the bung for the E-Fan Thermo-switch. The T section part is discontinued but I had a plumber fab one up for cheap and cut out 1.5 inches from the center of my lower radiator hose (under my air box) and it worked as designed with no harness cutting or sourcing of a new switch.

Just thought I'd document this incase someone else wants to keep the OEM switch.

Most of the 'open' aftermarket aluminium radiators have the port for the renix closed era fan switch in them.

Thanks Cal. I ran into this problem because I wanted the OEM HD radiator that everyone says out performs the aftermarket options. I thought about going Mishimoto but ended up listening to this:

"For the love of your patron deity, spend the $300 and get a Mopar HD XJ radiator (52080104AC) from the dealership and not online. If you buy online there is a chance they will send your a non-mopar oem replacement that is gauranteed not to work as well as the mopar. You'll be happy and save yourself a lot of trouble."

I bought the Mopar HD. Would not buy again.

The end of the radiator fill neck blew off, ejecting all of my coolant directly into my air filter box. At the end of the day it cost me an engine.

Currently running on a $40 Spectra from amazon. out performing the mishimoto.

If i were to do a planned purchase today, would probably be the auto dynasty.

I bought the Mopar HD. Would not buy again.

The end of the radiator fill neck blew off, ejecting all of my coolant directly into my air filter box. At the end of the day it cost me an engine.

Currently running on a $40 Spectra from amazon. out performing the mishimoto.

If i were to do a planned purchase today, would probably be the auto dynasty.

Really, with the Auto Dynasty unit? The majority of Amazon reviews paint this as a poorly fitting, leak-prone unit.

Really, with the Auto Dynasty unit? The majority of Amazon reviews paint this as a poorly fitting, leak-prone unit.

People only post when they have to complain.

Several KOH 4600 XJ's are running the auto dynasty radiators. It was gone under the idea that you could afford to buy a spare to have at the races vs the $700 monster we ran.

So far no one has used the spares, and the proof is in the pudding. They are holding up just fine.

Back