• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 XJ...Odd brake pedal feel

MikeDEE

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone, 1st post unfortunately has to be this one. Backstory/history first:ex- Bendix XJ, replaced with used 95-96 booster/MC/proportioning valve, new check valve(w/ random hose as vacuum source). Fresh ATE pads/rotors & slides/rubbers up front, rears adjusted & cleaned. Thoroughly bled & flushed. So onto the issue of brake pedal feel: at initial application it's kinda hard, like pushing through molasses, or oblek. I get resistance for the first inch maybe, then once deeper she grabs somewhat suddenly but well. As I said up top, I only have a pc of heater hose as the vacuum line, and have as of yet NOT checked to see if the pedal is binding up top. I have no frame of reference with this XJ, bought it w/o test drive due to absolutely no Bendix operation. I had a 96 XJ bitd(2003-) and doubt the pedal was like this(wifey woulda complained). Any ideas?

Couldn't Edit, but until I wrote/thought about it, i'd completely forgotten about the hose I used for vacuum. It was a band-aid to get it 3mi home after swapping the bb/mc, and is most likely collapsing under the initial brake application��...i'll update when I swap it out.

Back