• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear brake conversion to disk brake XJ97

Oseberg

NAXJA Forum User
I have just bought the brake kit from the TSMMFG company. Will be added to a Chrysler 8,25 axle.

Not happy with the instruction that followed with the kit. Anyone have the experience with assembling this kit ? (bought the kit included Eldorado calipers with E-brake on)

Guess I need to change the axle outer seal. recomendations regarding the bearings change? Do I also need them as backup( the XJ have a 150K on the clock)

You should replace the bearings yes, they arent difficult, arent expensive and do wear out.

I also just bought the same kit for the 8.25. You should'nt really need instructions as the kit is super simple!! You have 2 brackets, the inner gets bolted to the flange and the second gets added with spacers(inside) to the first. You install the rotors on the axels then the calipers to the bracket. Attach the brake lines and bleed the system. To get the e-brake to work you need extentions that are sold seperately. All in all very simple! And do as Cal said for peace of mind!

Back