• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix electrical B+, Fuel, PCM Bat, ect

HRDROKN

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey Guys,

I removed approximately 6 factory connectors including the infamous C101... relocated the PCM and rerouted the harness removing more than 24" of wire in some cases.

Eliminating the fused linked wires in the process... I need to fuse protect these circuits and at a loss as to what size fuse to run. The circuits that I need to protect are power to: 1. B+ latch relay 16 awg. 2. Fuel pump relay 14-16 awg. 3. PCM Battery (B7) 16 awg. Number 2 and 3 where originally combined (same fuse link), but I separated those to stand alone.

I can size to protect the wire gauge, but thinking that it would be better to protect the circuit?

Mark

There should be a chart somewhere that gives you the current rating for the fusible links by wire gauge. Here's one: https://images.app.goo.gl/WncqUb4shoSnonTo9

Where did you relocate the computer too?

I'll check that link out....

I relocated the computer up underneath the glove box.... I also removed all the factory HVAC stuff as my intended use won't require such luxuries. Of course I'm sure the wife won't approve, I'll get her a heated seat.... lol.

Got pics of the rewire? Eventually I think I need to rewire my Renix and I need motivation.
Did you have to replace any of the connectors or re-pin anything? I’ve found at least 1 wire that's got the insulation broken right at the connector and would require a re-pin and I think at least 1 more cracked connector that’s being held together with zip ties.

Well it looks like I'm unable to embed photos in this reply, so here is a link until I can figure out a better way. Only connectors left are to individual sensors, PCM connection and fuse block at firewall...

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNhRXkuFqGtir_mJ3H05Bi44VC1EmNCh2SDq3KY/photo/AF1QipNFu91ZUQoopoSml0ImzLXoNdWo89wfQzWaKuSM

You need to host them on a photo sharing service (I use IMGUR) then embed the BBCODE links (the one bracketed with
. That way you see them in the post and not a URL.

You're google link doesn't work. Did you hit "Share" and "create Link"?

That's some beefy stuff right there!!

i think the fusible links are just a section of undersized wire. and according to the 90 manual its either 18 awg or 20 awg. they look to be color coded and green is 18 and orange was 20. I could be reading this wrong however.

I would take the wire size and look up the amp chart and put 5 amps lower than that.

i think the fusible links are just a section of undersized wire. and according to the 90 manual its either 18 awg or 20 awg. they look to be color coded and green is 18 and orange was 20. I could be reading this wrong however.

I would take the wire size and look up the amp chart and put 5 amps lower than that.

I like that idea.... at this point, I'm planning on starting 20% under (actually would be surprised if that isn't enough) and work my way up should there be a problem, up to the safe wire gauge limits that is.

Back