• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix vac line cleanup

sintax

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep is no longer smog legal, so trying to clean up the engine bay.

I'm curious if anyone has a definitive document that outlines what I can cap or just vent to the atmosphere vs what must remain intact for proper engine function. I didnt have much luck searching.

You need it all to pass. One time I didn't have the large hose that connects the air cleaner box to the exh manifold and failed.

r5X6VWb.jpg

Did you have a smog test yet? If so, post the results.

sorry I prob didnt say that as clear as I could have....

I'm not looking to smog it, but rather get rid of all the extra crap and plastic hoses that break all of the time.

Ah.. so Off road only?

In that case I think all you need is the MAP and the FPR as far as the vacuum lines.

I would keep the CCV orifice line on the rear of the VC and put a small air filter to replace the one on front so you can still purge engine fumes.

The vacuum fitting near the firewall is for HVAC and cruise control.

In the event of needing smog in the future, another option is to run separate vac hoses direct to each component and ditch the plastic "octopus".

So what do you do for the fuel tank evap lines?

I just replaced the plastic octopus lines last week with the two crown parts. No emissions testing here, but no reason to pollute more if I don't need to.

Ah.. so Off road only?

In that case I think all you need is the MAP and the FPR as far as the vacuum lines.

I would keep the CCV orifice line on the rear of the VC and put a small air filter to replace the one on front so you can still purge engine fumes.

The vacuum fitting near the firewall is for HVAC and cruise control.

In the event of needing smog in the future, another option is to run separate vac hoses direct to each component and ditch the plastic "octopus".

Thanks thats what I was looking for.

I'll prob try to retain my heater, but the AC system is long gone.

Ditch the heater control valve, plug the vac line, and plumb straight to the heater core. One less thing to blow up when you look at it funny.

Back