• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeeps Can Lead to Divorce..

Not sure if God's in the fire insurance business...;)

:D

I said nothing about fire insurance, Fire insurance will repay you AFTER you have been burned.
I am talking about a sprinkler system (like the Catholic church just with more water)
:spin1:

the look i got from the gf today explaining what a snorkel does... i think anyone with a girl who doesnt wheel or really know what happens while "jeeping" would know the look..

Shes been off road once and doesn't like it, no problem with that I sometimes think itd be weird to have a girl who was into modifying/beating on it with me. Two and a half years weve been together and she saw me get the jeep... do the 3 inch 31 stage for awhile and then right to the 5 inch 33 long arm stage.. now snorkle and some kind of roof basket.. still get the look but she sees how happy I am so she likes it.

so why do you think it would be to have a girl who likes wheeling and wrenching?

I wanted to follow up on this after 11 years. I'm still married to the same woman, and we mostly got over this issue. I still have projects that I spend a lot of time on, but I'm doing a better job about giving her attention and finding things for us to do together. I think, back in 2009, I wasn't working hard enough at being a good husband. I've learned a lot since then, and gained some perspective and maturity.

A story with a happy ending.

:yelclap:

This was an entertaining read. Life sure has ways of throwing curve balls at you, and relationships are one of the major dynamics that can be extremely challenging to keep up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming up on 45 years of marriage. My wife surprised me 20+ years ago with a Jeep Cherokee for my birthday.

When I got divorced I got three of the Jeeps and she only got one. I'm ok with that.

I wanted to follow up on this after 11 years. I'm still married to the same woman, and we mostly got over this issue. I still have projects that I spend a lot of time on, but I'm doing a better job about giving her attention and finding things for us to do together. I think, back in 2009, I wasn't working hard enough at being a good husband. I've learned a lot since then, and gained some perspective and maturity.
:clap: There's always learning and growing to do. My wife started getting frustrated with how I spent on my XJ, but when we needed money, I was able to part it out. Now, 8 years later, she just told me to go ahead and buy the JKU I was drooling over. Lol. It goes in cycles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jeeps cannot lead to divorce... period. I have been giving counsel to couples for over 13 years and have myself been married for 26 years... We have fought over the Jeep, but there is always some other issue that is really the core issue. The points you make are valid and your wife is undoubtedly not stupid. She also knows that you enjoy it and probably loves you enough to want you to have some joy in life. There is something else going on... you need to get to the bottom of that. Try responding to the next Jeep argument with, "I know you are really not upset about the Jeep... it is way cheaper for us than a car payment, what is really bothering you? Can we talk about it?" Remember God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason... to listen twice as much as we talk.

I know it's an old thread... But Wow! What a great ending... made my decade!

I know it's an old thread... But Wow! What a great ending... made my decade!

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm still married. I picked up a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a few weeks ago at a discount because it had problems. I spent 2-3 weeks getting it back in good shape... I probably pushed it a little bit with how much time I spent on it. Taking a break from it.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm still married. I picked up a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a few weeks ago at a discount because it had problems. I spent 2-3 weeks getting it back in good shape... I probably pushed it a little bit with how much time I spent on it. Taking a break from it.
I just got rid of my 2016 JKUR in March of this year. I had to replace the torque converter at 90k last year. It never did end up living up to my love for my XJ. Lol. Now I'm 4wd-less until I fix my old Silverado. Or make my $200 Ford V10 dually roadworthy...

Back