• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

internals for a D35

Ok before everybody gets on here talking about how crappy an axel this is and how I would be better off installing a D44 or 9in or a Pro Rock 60, I need to know IF I can use the internals on my D35 with 3.55 gears in a D35 with 4:10 gears.

This is a temporary fix untill I can find some good axels at the junkyard. I guy is selling a "complete" D35 with 410 gears in it for 50 bucks, and since my 3.55's and 33" tires are lugging my brand new stroker to death I igure it might be a good deal to swap it out and pull the front drive shaft out till I can find another axel and gearset for the front. Between my senior year starting and work and all the stuff I have to do in the cadet corps before comissioning I wont have much time for wheeling anyway.

The "complete" axel is without the junk in the carrier b/c he had a lockright in it, therefore I either need a new set of spider gears or a lockright if anybody has either laying around that they would like to get rid of let me know, or If I can reuse my spiders that would be fine for the time being.

-Dave

this could be a good deal for you if you don't have to set up the gears. If the pinion is still installed in the 'new' D35 and the carrier bearings haven't been removed then you can just take the spiders out of your 3.55 carrier and put them in the 4.10 carrier and reinstall. This should be the case if all he did was take out his locker.
OTOH, if the carrier bearings were pulled off the carrier, or the pinion removed from the case.....the gears will need to be set up again and you will need pinion seals, oil slingers, shims and bearings which will be $$$$.

Back