• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tubewerk- the beginning...

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So Just got a jd2 bender, 250' pipe so I am going to begin doing some bending. I really have no clue so my plan is to start with a stinger, some form of front wrap around tube bumper, tube flares tied into my sliders and plated unibody, and progress from there. I dont want a retarded big stickin out thing as a stinger, Just wondering what some of you have done. How long, and at what angle?

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

what I've got so far, so busy, bending time is scarce

Looks good, but how is it mounted?
Welded directly to my detours backbone, I will be tied in to my front tube flares for support and then near the top to my cage as it progresses

I really have no clue so my plan is to start with a stinger, some form of front wrap around tube bumper, tube flares tied into my sliders and plated unibody, and progress from there.

hell yeah! thats how i did it. did you get a notcher to go with the bender?

have you seen the pirate4x4 link on bend allowances?

Eric I like your build though about doing the same with my front. Might still some day! looks good man!

i dont have large open spaces of cement pad, so for my cage i used plywood for a template.

you could allways sell off your bought bumper, and build your own, putting the profits towards tools! im currently saving for a plasma!
whens the cage start?(assuming you dont have one currently)

Back