• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open letter to past Chapter BOD members

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am posting this where everyone can see for two reasons:
1) Not all former BOD members have access to the BOD forum.
2) At this time I am considering changes to the Chapter By-laws. I prefer to have some transparency for the reasoning behind the process.

https://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1126543

My point of discussion is in Article VI, Section 4: Elections.

To make an initial nomination and be eligible to run for office, an individual must meet all of the following requirements:

- A full time resident of Colorado

- A member in good standing (as defined in the National By Laws)

Why the requirement for full time residency in the state of Colorado?

I can think of two reasons, which could probably be debunked:
1) Logistics: It should be easier to transfer Chapter Property at the end of any BOD member's term of service.
2) In the case of malfeasance, home court rules would be straightforward and more easily enforced.

We here by claim all of Colorado, and we welcome anyone from New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska and Wyoming to join our Chapter and forum.

Now that we have absorbed the Intermountain Chapter:

https://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1021148

IC Boundaries
Southern Idaho
Western Wyoming
Eastern Nevada
Utah
New Mexico.

Now that our geographic boundaries have expanded, should our BOD reflect that change?

That specific language was due to proximity to the core membership. Back when the group was very active regular participation from someone outside of the state as a Chapter Officer would have been extremely difficult. Even within the state we had Officers that struggled to regularly attend events due to their geographical location.

Now that no one attends anything and you are looking for someone to sit in a seat just so the chapter doesn't fold............desperate times, do what must be done.

I think most could care less about much, especially the by laws, but would bitch if the chapter crumbled. Do what ya gotta do.

Let common sense prevail.

To me it makes sense to allow anybody within our territory be on the BOD, not just within a certain state.

A motion has been posted in the Chapter BOD forum.

I was going to poke my head in and look around but apparently the password has changed since I visited.

Back