• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Fender Trimming for 35s

KidWithACrayon

NAXJA Forum User
Hey yall, I have some 33s right now and look to move up to 35s. I was looking at how much room I would have.

I have plenty of room until I am at full turn. I won't rub on the fenders at all, but on the body panel mount. I was just curious if I was able to cut this off and weld it back up for some extra strength.

Heres a picture to show what I am talking about. I have about 3/4'' room at full turn. The 35s are undersized and are about an inch smaller than the tire I have now.

I have trimmed my fenders already btw.
2rwoqc8.jpg

when i trimmed my fenders i just cut that off completly...no problems yet due to the fact that there is two screws on that mount. if your really worried about it you could always just drill a new hole a little further back and throw a bolt and nut through it

Thanks for the help.

It's protecto-trim.

I got it from dpgoffroad.com Great people and service. The stuff arrived in one day!

The trim itself seems to be holding up real well. I like it alot, gives it a nice clean look.

I took way more off. I took it back far enough that I had to beat the pinch seams flat. Works out great because I don't cut my tires at full stuff. How much lift do you have?

this is stupid. there is no answer to the question depending on suspension bumpstops tiresize back spacing and all the things being discussed are at normal ride height clearance needs to be checked throught all ranges of movement!

I wasn't asking if the tires would fit, BJ.
I was asking if I was able to cut off that area that I pictured without having any problems.
Why don't you read my question next time, dumbass.

I have the RE 4.5 inch lift and a 3/4'' spacer in the front. Thanks for the help.

53: Thanks for the article, looks real good.

not a prob. I know you don't need a whole write up, but it does address the lip and I haven't had an issue folding it over at all.

KidWithACrayon said:
I wasn't asking if the tires would fit, BJ.
I was asking if I was able to cut off that area that I pictured without having any problems.
Why don't you read my question next time, dumbass.

With only 19 posts here...

Reconsider calling anybody a dumbass for questioning your thread...

Well..

If you plan on actually getting any REAL help around here.

Back