• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 trail ready xj

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
I'm kindof testing the waters here (i.e. if the offer is high enough, I'll sell):

1991 Cherokee Sport, 4.0, AX-15, NP231

Suspension:

*RE 4.5 Superflex, add a leaf and block rear, includes adjustable track bar, sway disconnects, stainless brakelines.

* Roughly 25k miles on lift, no sagging.

Drivetrain:

*OBD1 4.0 HO - Valve job, decked/magnafluxed head, new lifters and pushrods 20k ago; Borla stainless header, rusty's air tube with K&N conical (Also have stock air box with K&N flat); Jacobs wires, cap and plug done 10k ago; Optima redtop; new alternator 10k ago, new waterpump and 180* t-stat 10k ago. (engine has lowend rod knock, but burns no oil and has good power - likely needs rod bearing replacement); 151,000 on engine.

*AX-15 and NP231 w/ 1" t-case drop; Ceterforce II clutch and new clutch master and slaves 10k ago.

*HP D30 front. Disconnect bypassed with solid passenger axle; 260 ujoint, though have yet to break one; Drivetrain Direct axle tube seals (on outer end of axle - keep fluids in and nastys out); Lockright w/10k on it - works great; 3.73 gears; new rotors and pads 15k ago;

*D44 rear from Scout II; Trac-lok; Chevy Disc Breaks (cady calipers); 1" billit alluminum spacers/adapters to 5 on 4.5 (same width as stock front)

Other Stuff:

*swap to dual diaphram brake booster and master cylinder from a '96 XJ;

*KC 100 watt highlights

*Alpine CD player w/ rear sound bar from '96 xj

*Husky front floor mats; '96 cup holder on side of console; new windsheild this month; 32" BFG Mud-Terrains w/ about 40% tread left and full size spare on 15x8 AR767's (4.5" backspacing); Gray interior; Red paint; CJ hood vents; front fenders trimmed even with bumper; vac bottle relocated to engine compartment; Class 3 hitch; Herculined rockers up to body line on doors;

I currently am commuting 120 miles a day, and will be looking for a more streetable vehicle, although I have had no real problems with this XJ. I have owned for three years and done most of the work myself. This XJ was a recovered theft from an insurance company, and was sold for salvage, although it had only minor rear body damage. The damage was repaired and it was sold, but retains an "S" on the title as a salvaged vehicle. I have researched this XJ and confirmed that there was never any flood damage, fire damage or the like, merely the recovered theft.

Email for pictures: [email protected]

Located in Denver, Colorado area and would prefer to sell locally, although if you want to come and get it your welcome

Looking for $5500 or would consider trade for 97 or newer XJ with fewer mods - this has been a great truck, and has alot of life left, I think. Most of the mods are done! -- email or pm with any further questions.

btt -- four door btw.

btt

Anyone, Beuller, anyone? comments, interest, questions...?

Well, probably not what ya want to hear, but i think you could reasonbly get around $3500 for it :( Mods actually take away from the value of the vehicle as fawked as it may sound. If you're Serious about selling it and do want a nother xj, just take it down to stock, keep the parts ya want and reuse them on your new rig. But you will get almost the same price stock as you will lifted, so you could also just part out the lift? That's what i ended up doing, and got $3500 for my mods, and the original asking price for my xj.

wally

Back