• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj/mj 2.5 parts

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm in the process of pulling apart my MJ for a future build. It has a good running, but oil and grease soaked 2.5 in it. Before I basically trash it all, could anyone here use it or parts from it? The radiator is in great shape, and as mentioned, the little feller ran awful strong.
Let me know if anyone has needs.
Rich
PS. I'm also pulling apart an 00 with a bad motor, but lots of nice interior parts. Again, shout out if you have needs.

Yes the 00 is coming down completely. A lot of parts are spoken for, but the shell and axles are still wide open. I wouldn't be opposed to selling the rolling shell.
The MJ did not have power steering. But, the complete harness is nearly ready to come out, and I won't be using it.
Throttle bodies are both good and available.

Jordan, the doors and hatch are spoken for, but the seating is in very good shape, and the sway bar is there. I actually have two.
Sorry I didn't get back to you Neal, but yes, the throttle bodies are yours for the taking, I'll get with you about that. Can you even do anything with the 2.5 throttle body?
The jeep will be getting moved tomorrow to start coming apart.

Thanks Rich, but I got impatient and bought a stock 2000 Sport in the exact same color as my rig. Now I've got the exact perfect color-matched donor vehicle. Don't hold anything back for me.

I'm using the header and fenders for my MJ.
....actually scratch that I only need the fenders. The header is already pulled and is complete and in good shape.

Last edited:
If it's a 2.5 tbi, keep the flywheel, someone will need it eventually. They are no longer manufactured and the only way to keep one going is to turn used flywheels for it. I don't need it, but they're one of those parts people really should start hoarding if we want to keep these trucks on the road.

First off, thanks for that info, Ken, I wasn't aware of that.
Neal, I have complete good header panels for both the new and old style. One is dark blue/chrome trim from an 87 MJ. The other is a white/white grille from the 00 XJ...
I'm considering any reasonable offer on either one.

Back