• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injector Pricing ?

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
Why is pricing all over the board for fuel injectors? I see them for as low as 19.99 for a set of six and as high as $230.00 for one. I replaced all of mine today bought them from Napa 555.00 each they are one hole injectors made by Echlin. I was not sure what brand was good so just went with NAPA.

Like anything else, you get what you pay for. The set for $20.00 is probably Chinese junk you don't want to run. I bought a reconditioned set from Fuel Injector Connection. Work great, got them a couple days after ordering.

I had a typo in my first post I paid $55.00 per injector from Napa. Does anyone have experience with the Napa injector’s?

Do you know which ones your shop was using?

Ive only had to replace one fuel injector on my old tj few years ago never had any problems with it I think I have one about half plugged off now on my xj same # injector on tj or xj I work at napa we dont have a lot of problems with echlin parts as far as I know

when I get new ones, they'll be reman injectors from Ksuspension. havnt decided on 4 or 12 hole yet. and I hoped that was a typo lol

You've already been warned about that!

not really, I know the guy and how he rebuilds them. he gives a lot of good advice, and its nice to see his business get bigger. I have ordered a few things from him and he always ships them quickly and answers every question I have.
I want the better spray pattern from the injectors, itll help the engine run smoother, and help with heat soak.

Ive only had to replace one fuel injector on my old tj few years ago never had any problems with it I think I have one about half plugged off now on my xj same # injector on tj or xj I work at napa we dont have a lot of problems with echlin parts as far as I know

I do work at a Napa too and we don't sell a lot of them but I don't see them coming back. Despite that I went a different route. I don't post about this cause you folks will think I was nuts for doing this but on the advice of an engine builders son, who owns an '00 like me, I went here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...0j69i57j0l4.6061j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Part number is 05942. Cost me $320 with tax. I did it for 3 reasons. First is that the engine builder that recommended these is the go to place in the area. When they talk you listen. Second is that they are brand new 4 hole injectors. Third they are literally 15 minutes away from me. So I figured if I had a problem with them I could easily take care of it.

One of our other stores had a machine they could clean your fuel injetors hook them up to a machine cycle them on and off and run a cleaner solution through each one it cost $25.00 each injector not sure they still offer this service still.

Hope you have good luck with napa. I've found they have the worst parts you can get anyplace and they have ripped me off before.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

While I was installing a DEI Heat Shield kit I noticed that all my injectors had cracks in them. Due to safety I replaced all of them. Napa was the only place that had 6 injectors on hand. I will cross my fingers on the quality they are made in South Africa. The Inlet diameter is twice the size as stock and the one hole injector is also larger than stock. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI8bGMlYX12gIVj8BkCh0kwgiAEAQYAiABEgKdvvD_BwE

I will continue to update this thread and inform all of you no the results. Prior to the install of the DEI kit I had vapor lock often and sometimes it was so bad that the Jeep would stall on the freeway. When it did stall I would need to wait 30minutes before it would start up again. I think the stock injectors cracked from heat.

While I was installing a DEI Heat Shield kit I noticed that all my injectors had cracks in them. Due to safety I replaced all of them. Napa was the only place that had 6 injectors on hand. I will cross my fingers on the quality they are made in South Africa. The Inlet diameter is twice the size as stock and the one hole injector is also larger than stock. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI8bGMlYX12gIVj8BkCh0kwgiAEAQYAiABEgKdvvD_BwE

Did they also sell you the screens and the correct size o-rings for those injectors?

$500-$600 is rip off considering they're probably no better quality than the cheap Chinese knocks on eBay. You can get remanufactured Bosch on eBay as well, but I'd shy away from the Chinese vendors.

I got a set of remanufactured Bosch 746s from John over on the www.cherokeeforum.com (pm him at hc7399). He's pretty knowledgeable and only charged $70 for a set of six 746s which he cleans and <b>flow tests</b> and had to me within the week. They worked great in my 89 MJ that started leaking from the injectors.

Back