• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Cherokee Fuel Rail Question

Pacific9

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having starting problems when my engine is hot so I want to put a heat shield on the fuel rail of my 4.0L engine. The heat shield comes in 1" or 1/2" diameter. I don't know which to get. Anyone know what the diameter of the fuel rail is? My guess is the 1" but I'd like to know for sure before I buy it.

It sounds like your losing pressure in the rail when shutting it off! Have you checked it? I would find the cause rather than thowing a "Band-Aid" on it. I've got 17yrs on mine in really hot Az and never had a hard start issue.

I'm having starting problems when my engine is hot so I want to put a heat shield on the fuel rail of my 4.0L engine. The heat shield comes in 1" or 1/2" diameter. I don't know which to get. Anyone know what the diameter of the fuel rail is? My guess is the 1" but I'd like to know for sure before I buy it.

Do you have CA or Federal emissions? The CA models had mini-cats under the intake which cause this when they are worn out, have leaks, or for some people caused problems since new. Many times people cut in hood vents or wire up the auxillary fan on a timer so it runs for 30 seconds or so after the vehicle shuts off. There are LOTS of threads on this "2001 heat soak" issue.

If you have Federal emissions and have this problem, it's probably something else that's worn out.

Back