• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6th Annual Fiesta Island Pics (no dial-up allowed)

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
Post em up. Don't know how many people showed up, but we had 20 signed up for the the catered food. I counted 14 Jeeps in one picture (but I know there was a handful more since people came and left throughout the day), and at least 9 vehicles in that same pic fit into the daily driver, RV, or tow rig category.

The military vehicle was a passer by, pre-power wagon WWII dodge cary all or something. Owner said he's had it for 20 years. Mostly sits in the garage.

more here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikedashg/sets/72157605763892383/

2602078943_67507aa4aa_b.jpg

Ryan wearing a flak vest in this pic?

Just wanted to say thanks for letting me come along in my ZJ, it was a lot of fun down there and cool meeting you guys and checking out your rigs.

Hope to be able to hit some trails up with ya'll soon...

Here are a few pics I got before my batteries died...

Not many good ones, but oh well

Fiesta.jpg

Fiesta2.jpg

Fiesta4.jpg

Fiesta5.jpg

Fiesta6.jpg

Fiesta7.jpg

Fiesta8.jpg

Fiesta3.jpg

I had a great time seeing people i haven't seen in years. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Some great rigs. Here are some shots we took..

karstic said:
Can't be in two places at once, by the time the date was set for Fiesta Island, I had commited plans for a camping trip up in Big Bear.

Maybe next year...

Ah, OK. I just thought it was funny since you were the one who got the ball rolling on picking a date and you didn't show.

I sent an e-mail to a committee of people to get some input on the date in case anyone could think of anything major that would conflict. I made the mistake of not doing that 2 years ago, and the event got scheduled on the date of the over the line tournament (which basically packs fiesta island, so we moved it across the bay).

Next time I'll include you :D.

mikedashg said:
Ah, OK. I just thought it was funny since you were the one who got the ball rolling on picking a date and you didn't show.

I sent an e-mail to a committee of people to get some input on the date in case anyone could think of anything major that would conflict. I made the mistake of not doing that 2 years ago, and the event got scheduled on the date of the over the line tournament (which basically packs fiesta island, so we moved it across the bay).

Next time I'll include you :D.

Yeah I posted up when we started kicking around dates for the camping trip.

Back