• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Valentine's Day present:

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just wrote the check.

spend.gif

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Front: High Pinion Dana 44, 4.88 gears, Detroit.

Rear: Ford 8.8, 4.88, Detroit.

I'm still sorting out some minor details, but alea iacta est and the check has been cut. I can't wait!!!

-----Matt-----

*cough* alloy shafts *cough* Super Joints *cough* :)

IXNAYXJ said:
Front: High Pinion Dana 44, 4.88 gears, Detroit.

Rear: Ford 8.8, 4.88, Detroit.

I'm still sorting out some minor details, but alea iacta est and the check has been cut. I can't wait!!!

-----Matt-----

Matt: Hub fuses are cheap and will save you a lot of money. Best thing you can do to a 44, and one of the easiest things to change. Designed to break before anything else...though not ALWAYS. Cheap insurance, however. :)

IXNAYXJ said:
I'm still sorting out some minor details, but alea iacta est....
Originally, I was going to build up a pair of axles like Avanteone's. However, he's been itching to do something new and he has been wanting to go deeper than 4.88. Soooo, it looks like I might just buy his axles, lock stock and barrell.

-----Matt-----

Avanteone said:
*cough* alloy shafts *cough* Super Joints *cough* :)

Cha-ching.....cha-ching.......cha-ching.....

John, what are you going to go with?

- Jay

IXNAYXJ said:
Originally, I was going to build up a pair of axles like Avanteone's. However, he's been itching to do something new and he has been wanting to go deeper than 4.88. Soooo, it looks like I might just buy his axles, lock stock and barrell.

-----Matt-----

Sounds like a good deal Matt.

Of course, you might consider some 2 1/2 ton Rockwell's to hold up under your right foot.

IXNAYXJ said:
I know...I'm just trying to build up people's expectations so WHATEVER you do will look tame. ;)

How long are you going to rock the stock axles from one of your parts rigs? I can't wait to see your Jeep with a D35 and 29" bald A/T's. :D

-----Matt-----

oh that's HATEFUL!!! lol

bcsavage said:
oh that's HATEFUL!!! lol
It's just funny because John's truck is what a lot of people want their Jeeps to be when they grow up. Naturally, just as mine gets close to his in specs, he has to build something better. :rolleyes:

Here's what John's running right now:

ecb668b5.jpg

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
It's just funny because John's truck is what a lot of people want their Jeeps to be when they grow up. Naturally, just as mine gets close to his in specs, he has to build something better. :rolleyes:

Here's what John's running right now:

ecb668b5.jpg

Hey John still want your front bumper, any news on those yet?

Sean

IXNAYXJ said:

Speak for yourself.....some of us find it's easier to change the terminology than try to keep up.....

That's why I'm running a HP 60/2 in the front and a Dana 70/2 in the rear. :idea:

Back