• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All inclusive hotels?

Chattxj

NAXJA Forum User
This year for spring break I am heading to the Dominican Republic. The hotel website says that it is all inclusive, so does this mean I can order as much food and drink as I want to no expense to me? Im thinking there must be some kind of limit or a catch to this.

Read the fine print in the hotel paperwork. Some are exactly that, ALL you can eat or drink. Others use a coupon or voucher system for a certain number of meals or drinks a day, past that your on your own. have fun, stay safe
Ryan

Our honeymoon in St. Lucia was all inclusive...

I ate and especially drank way more then the value of the trip price. Didn't cost a dime over the initial price.

They wouldn't even let you tip. The staff could be fired for accepting tips.

Dirk Pitt said:
Our honeymoon in St. Lucia was all inclusive...
I ate and especially drank way more then the value of the trip price. Didn't cost a dime over the initial price.
They wouldn't even let you tip. The staff could be fired for accepting tips.

Not to bust your bubble but an imperial quart of say Smirnoff vodka is about $1.25 in stores outside the US, the $18-$25 we pay here is all taxes... why you think BATF has such a big budget :D :D :D :D they weren't called 'revenooers' for nothing...:cheers:

All inclusive is the only way that my wife will let us travel, and I have no complaints about it at all. All inclusive is the relaxed way to travel.:smoker:

RichP said:
Not to bust your bubble but an imperial quart of say Smirnoff vodka is about $1.25 in stores outside the US,:

why do you think I would stoop to that garbage?

Chattxj said:
This year for spring break I am heading to the Dominican Republic. The hotel website says that it is all inclusive, so does this mean I can order as much food and drink as I want to no expense to me? Im thinking there must be some kind of limit or a catch to this.

i was there last year at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Palace punta cana .... WAS AWSOME

on a side note, where are you going in the Dominican?
I've been to Puerto Plata, as nice as it was my buddy who was with me said he prefered further south, Punta Cana or Santa Domingo. The beaches in Plata are much the same as anywhere else, not white, waters not that clear nothing special. Further south your on the Carribian Sea (?) nice tuerqoise water, white sandy beaches, much nicer place to stay from people I have talked that have ben both.
My all inclusive was fantastic tho. granted you can only get 2 drinks at a time, and they are very small, but they are free and they give you a reason to walk around checking out the scenery quite often. Food was great, and plentiful during meal hours, may wanna grab some fruit or snacks if they don't have an off hours snack n grab bar. I like eaiting smaller meals thru out the day, so gorging didn't sit well with my stomach and I took fruit for the in between times.

Back