• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ, Needing Specs for sensors, ECU help.

TheRasper

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 XJ. I have had the ECU Reman'd die to Voltage regulator failure. New problems arose, but I am not at all certain that there is any connection. I have intermittant dying, sometimes will restart, sometimes not immediately. Sometimes it will drive for a block at a time, then die, sometimes for 500 miles and never hick-up. I've checked several threads herein, and have confirmed some suspicions about Cam Sensor, Crank Sensor, and Ballast Reg for the Fuel Pump. Now, on to my real question... Does anyone know where I can find the following information???
*Omhs values for basically all sensors. I'd like to have even those that may not apply to this failure, just to have them on file.
*A referance for ECU numbers, which will interchange with which. I seem to have an ECU that is (for lack of better term) a Police Package. It was a government vehicle, and my ECU numbers sent the rebuilders scrambling to even find a core. FYI, it is ECU No. 56027551.
*more specific wiring diagrams. In my years as a Diesel Mechanic, I have learned to appreciate a diagram that details low voltage vs. high, specific location codes for connectors, etc.
*As long as I am shooting for the sky, anyone got anything on interior ECU diagrams, so the next time my Reulator fails, I can bypass and install my own dash-mounted regulator, and falsify the signal required by the ECU...? I am sure I can do it, just need to tell the ECU the story it wants to hear, first...

Thanks for any input, and although I would appreciate any input whatsoever, I am fairly sure I can handle the diagnosis... (feel free to throw out ideas, though!) I am mostly looking for a sorce for specs, factory compatability lists on ECM's, interior ECM diagrams, Wiring breakout charts, and the like...

Thanks in advance for all the assistance. I have learned a great deal searching the existing threads, and am glad to see that this forum has attracted a level of competance a Jeep sometimes requires...

TheRasper

Of all the things I have listed, it would be fantastic if someone could simply tell me the acceptable ranges of resistance for the Crank sensor, Cam sensor, and Ballast Reg for the Fuel Pump. Those numbers will get me started, and most likely resolve my immediate situation.

Thanx,
TheRasper

Back