• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you need to get done before WF23?

SAMSET

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
2 Months of wrenching left. Did you get some new stuff for Xmas?
I just got done doing a bunch of front end changes with lighting, bumpers and some paint freshening.

On the "to-do"
-There is a leak up front. Need to find out if its a brake line or PS box. Then fix it
-About to pull the trigger on a steering upgrade or a lunch box for the front. Only hold up now is determining if I am keeping the TJ.
-Waited to long to go get my roof top from my folks place. Now I need to cross fingers for a decent day to drive it topless
-Planning on a heater core flush one of these days
-Oil change would be useful. I think its been about 2yrs....
-Was thinking my U-joints should be looked over. I have never touched them and Jeep is getting old
-May fix whatever is going on with the radio since nothing works.

Unload the trailer so I can load the Jeep.
Already did the yearly oil change & changed the steering gear box.

I do need to get my yearly oil change done...

mac 'almost forgot' gyvr

I just got done doing a bunch of front end changes with lighting, bumpers and some paint freshening.

On the "to-do"
-There is a leak up front. Need to find out if its a brake line or PS box. Then fix it
-About to pull the trigger on a steering upgrade or a lunch box for the front. Only hold up now is determining if I am keeping the TJ.
-Waited to long to go get my roof top from my folks place. Now I need to cross fingers for a decent day to drive it topless
-Was thinking my U-joints should be looked over. I have never touched them and Jeep is getting old

Pulled the trigger on the Spartan. Got that installed over the weekend. While in there saw the inner axle seals all rusted out. Replaced those and noticed that the axle U-Joints were toast. Spent hours trying to push those out. Finally got them out and 1 new one installed. 1 left.

Guess I should check driveshaft joints while im at it.

Pretty sure that leak is PS since the fluid is red. Haven't really given it a good look yet though.

Heater core flush this week at some point

Oh man thats a long long list.
Set up the coilovers and charge all the bumpstops and CO
Build some type of rub bar for the rear fenders/tires
Plug into the holley and get a safe tune establised
Limit straps
Driveshafts
Pack spare parts/order all the spare parts
Seatbelts
Doors
Maybe go on an actual shakedown so I can learn how to drive again
.....Im not ready lol

Unload the trailer so I can load the Jeep.
Already did the yearly oil change & changed the steering gear box.

Trailer is finally unloaded. Now putting new brakes on it.

I got my oil changed…

mac ‘need tires rotated and balanced’ gyvr

Trailer brakes are done.

On the "to-do"

Pulled the trigger on the Spartan. Got that installed over the weekend. While in there saw the inner axle seals all rusted out. Replaced those and noticed that the axle U-Joints were toast. Spent hours trying to push those out. Finally got them out and 1 new one installed. 1 left.

Guess I should check driveshaft joints while im at it.

Pretty sure that leak is PS since the fluid is red. Haven't really given it a good look yet though.

Heater core flush this week at some point

Jeep
Heat core flush DONE
Front Spartan DONE
Inner axle seals DONE
Outer axle seals DONE
Axle Ujoints DONE
Greased up everything DONE
New headlights DONE
Painted everything DONE
New upper door skins DONE
New half doors DONE
Radio swap DONE
Winch plate DONE
New Flag mount DONE

Tundra
Firestone air bags DONE

Camper
Swept up the dead flies DONE
Filled Propane DONE

I think other than packing, thats about all I have planned. Noticed an exhaust manifold leak after all the things and stuff done this winter.
Guess I will keep the window cracked...

Back