• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me my Obi Wan Kenobi's

1997-2001, ABS was an extra cost option, and was not available if the Chry 8.25 was installed.

It is unlikely that state inspections check for ABS.

1997-2001, ABS was an extra cost option, and was not available if the Chry 8.25 was installed.

It is unlikely that state inspections check for ABS.

Did a Web Search.
MA : http://app.mavehiclecheck.com/newsletters/newsletters/InspectionUpdate_Volume14-Issue03_Fall2013.pdf
So, it will pass with ABS not functioning.
RI is suppose to require ABS to function. One of the Post was Norway or such. A fine and needs repaired.
Also, production Year of vehicle might affect weather a Vehicle passes.

Who cares about the state, but if you have a accident and your abs is disconnected your insurance co will deny any claims!

I checked Car-Parts Inc. 2004 Libby offered a 8.25 with ABS in 3.73 gearing.

But the sensors are not compatible with the earlier system!

On shocks, I'm a bit hesitant. I don't have a bunch of experience with multiple setups. Let's take the KYB Monomax I have on the front. I say they are a bit stiff, almost like Bil 5100s. The 5100s I have, have Comp front springs. So, probably a mid springs. Also, probably with 6 ply tires. Falken Wild Peaks and 32 r17s. The Monomax are on a IRO 2" HD springs and Wild Country 31 r16 10 plys. So, stiffer springs and tires. So, possibly that is why Evans and my views vary a bit. I did get the HD springs as I plan on a winch on the front. So, the extra weight will help a bit to make it less stiff. Also, I had weak shocks intially on the 2" build. The rear end was a bit floppy. With the Rancho RS 9000 at mid adjustment, its fairly nice.
My experience with this is only using a Ford then a Chevy to haul some metal. The Ford was good to drive to get the metal, but not to come back with the metal. The Chevy the opposite.
I could see the Doetch- Techs for a good inexpensive shock, to get you going. Or Rancho RS 5000 or RS7000s up front or even all 4. Or RS 9000 in the rear. With the RS 5000 and RS7000, I'm going by reputations.

Back