• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deaver coil measurements

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
currently have PAC springs... they are a little on the supple side crawling, and just flat out too soft at the dunes. PAC is local to me, and i may pay them a visit for stiffer springs, but for the price point i am also considering deavers. just was wondering if someone could provide me with some information?

-spring rate?
- extended length?
- length with the weight of the jeep on them? looking for a generic jeep here... front winch and bumper.

Last edited:
Deaver Spring rate 245/285

I don't know the extended length, but I'm willing to bet its close to 22", like most 5"-6" XJ springs

Which lb. rating do you have from PAC?

the 130s. the free length is awesome, they never unseat. but it is way under sprung. i dont have a sway bar, and rebuildable shocks are on my radar. but even over valving the crap out of it, i dont think is enough to get it where i want.

15337619_1146302488757499_7028604939730425115_n.jpg

i am looking around the 250 range. i cant get ahold of PAC, but i admittedly only tried for a short time after work on friday. they advertise their springs as being progressive, but list a linear spring rate. maybe someone can confirm or deny... the deavers are a dual rate coils, which is why they list theirs as a rate/rate, and that is different than the progressive coils PAC sells?

Last edited:
The deavers are firmer than PAC's.

We had the deavers on 4643, and ran them on a spring gauge. They were 260 at ride height and ramped up to 285 pretty fast.

We have he 4" PAC 250's now, and they are 220 at ride height and ram up to 250 slower.

I think that Deaver makes a much better spring. Neither coil was long enough unseated for us, so we went to a 4" PAC coil with a slider and a 6x100 tender coil over it. This required replacing the bumpstop tower with 2" DOM, but that was a lot easier than you would think.

IMG_20160326_103016419_zpsuz1ltmv7.jpg

The coil is in bind at ride height, but just barely. If a strong guy were to lift up on the front of the car, it would uncompress.

If we could get the deaver at 4" lift and with a flat top, it would be on the car instead. If it were available in 4" round wire as it is now, I'd consider machining the top flat and running it.

Bumping an old thread from the dead --
Cal you still around? Are you sure the deavers are that stiff? I am looking for some stiffer front coils.

Looking at Deaver and BDS as two potential stiffer coils

Bumping an old thread from the dead --
Cal you still around? Are you sure the deavers are that stiff? I am looking for some stiffer front coils.

Looking at Deaver and BDS as two potential stiffer coils

I'm not Cal (thankfully), but I am running Deavers front and rear. The rears are a custom pack, but the fronts are their standard spring.

The Deavers have vastly improved my ride quality. They are significantly stiffer than Rubicon Express or Rough Country that I had previously. My pig is quite heavy (roughly 5800 lbs) with a large winch and bumper up front. On hard hits, I still do bottom out the Prothane bump stops, but it's quite progressive and not severe.

David Bricker / SYR

Back