• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Want to replace my Fuel Injectors(Renix)

jcnoble

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 88 xj Renix . I have been looking into replacing the 1 hole injectors with 4 or 12 hole. The 4 hole is a plug n play injector whereas the 12 hole is a EV6 connector not a EV1 and would require soldering a pigtail in for the different connector. Does anyone have experience with this upgrade? I can solder in pigtails but I wonder how much an improvement the 12 hole would be vs the 4 hole injector. I hear the 4 hole is a big improvement vs the 1 hole injectors.

You don't have to solder a pigtail in, you can get plug in adapters.

but as many people take the 12 holes out and throw them away as keep them, after quality issues and performance problems.

just get the 4 hole ford injectors and be pleased with the performance gain a new injector gets you. although new 1 hole injectors would usually gain just as much.

12 are a waste. 4 hole will be plenty or as cal said new 1 hole will work too.

I was just trying to get rid of my older leaky types , still have a couple. And was wondering if 4 holes or 12 or 100 would help performance or improve mpg to 50 from 11 haha.

Think about this — if a 4 hole injector would make the XJ go from 11-12 mpg up to 19-20 mpg why wouldn’t Chrysler have installed them?

No real cost performance gains is good for them too

Make sure u get the 17lb injectors. The 903 19lb injectors where horrible in my 88. Always ran rich. Went through 3 o2 sensors before I figured it out

Is ksuspensionfab a reputable dealer? I dont trust the ebay sellers. All are rebuilt of course.

Is ksuspensionfab a reputable dealer? I dont trust the ebay sellers. All are rebuilt of course.

They don't have the best rep here on Naxja.

Well I guess I'll find out soon, I ordered a set. I will let everyone know if they work. Hopefully I will have them in hand and installed by this weekend. They say lifetime warranty. It's my first experience with this seller.

Back