• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interesting read: Bugatti Veyron sighting in Colorado.....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96656

Rare enough to see one pass by, much less on an obscure Colorado mountain road........ and then some celebrity driving it....... and to then talk to the guy about the car.

Kinda cool.

Coincidentally, I saw this car this afternoon on C470 and was surfing the net trying to identify it when I stumbled upon the Veyron forum story:

9071015.004.1M.jpg

An Audi RS8 on my way to work this afternoon - had Detroit Manufacturer tags on it, the usual black cladding as if it would disguise it, and 5-6 antennas on it and the Audi 4-circle emblem in the grille. It was being followed by 3 Audi SUV's. I'm not much of a euro-super car kinda guy, but it is kinda exciting to see these high dollar cars on the road in the real world.

Last edited:
maybe they were out doing some high altitude testing :dunno:
the R8 is cool but to see a million dollar car out driving around would be neat.

Ha! That's a heck of a story and an incredible machine! I spent this past weekend ice climbing in Ouray and was driving those roads but sadly Ralph didn't bring any of his collection out to do donuts in the 8" of snow that fell the first day or the tons of cinders on the roads the rest of the days!

i think its cool that they seen this car and all but if it was an everyday person then no one would think twice...i say it just another car that i will never get to drive so screw it let it go(n)

The company I work for had me doing a lot of driving between here and our shop in rifle so I got to see a lot of high altitude testing going on with cars trucks SUVs. Some had the leather body bras others had that black and white squarely checker pattern so you couldn’t make out body lines and stuff very well. Saw a lot at Silverthorne and vail at gas stations and what not. I fallowed a bunch of BMWs of different makes all covered up once heading west bound they pulled over in vail and there was a BMW truck and trailer rig in a parking lot. I went in to BK and came out and they were loading the cars into the back of it.

jdogg4 said:
The company I work for had me doing a lot of driving between here and our shop in rifle so I got to see a lot of high altitude testing going on with cars trucks SUVs. Some had the leather body bras others had that black and white squarely checker pattern so you couldn’t make out body lines and stuff very well. Saw a lot at Silverthorne and vail at gas stations and what not. I fallowed a bunch of BMWs of different makes all covered up once heading west bound they pulled over in vail and there was a BMW truck and trailer rig in a parking lot. I went in to BK and came out and they were loading the cars into the back of it.

BMW does some incredible testing, there used to be a video of the 850i testing, really neat video.

I forgot to mention that when I was driving past frisco there was another truck trailer rig sitting at that dillon exit. They must have pulled out of that one drove like crazy to vail past me pulled off at vail then got loaded back up before anyone could really talk to them or take pics.

hugeorgan351 said:
i think its cool that they seen this car and all but if it was an everyday person then no one would think twice...i say it just another car that i will never get to drive so screw it let it go(n)

If I saw that Bugatti on the road I wouldn't give a rats ass who was driving it. Just to see it up close would be killer. I do think it was a bonus that Ralph was at least cool about the encounter though.

The Dodge testing facility is in Aurora near Chambers and Colfax. I often see their cars with all kinds of bras and body coverings. The part-time shop I work in is their old testing facility. They usually head up to the mountains from there.

It's always a treat to see a great car on the road but even better to get a chance to talk to the driver. Great story.

Hoss

Back