• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interesting read about Pat Tillman

I was working in the morgue at Bagram when Tillman was brought in for autopsy....

2 weeks before it was released to the public.

That sucks. Not to bash the Army, seriously, you guys have my respect for doing a tough job, and for volunteering to defend our nation, but when I was deployed to Afghanistan with the Marine Corps, there was a big issue with the soldiers there with me (from the 101st Airborne, 82nd, and other construction and support type units) and their weapons safety and control. There was a four day period with a negligent discharge each day; two wounded, one killed. Amazingly the biggest one, from a Mk19 automatic grenade launcher, was the one that neither killed nor injured anyone.

The worst part of this is that rather than just admitting that someone screwed royally and had a negligent discharge that took the life of Pat Tillman, they concocted that whole story and carried it so far as to award him a Silver Star. His family and loved ones are obviously hit the hardest, but then there's all the soldiers, sailors, Marines, and airmen who earned their decorations who are now finding out that the Army is willing to awarded it just to cover its own butt...

BlackSport96 said:
The worst part of this is that rather than just admitting that someone screwed royally and had a negligent discharge that took the life of Pat Tillman, they concocted that whole story and carried it so far as to award him a Silver Star. His family and loved ones are obviously hit the hardest, but then there's all the soldiers, sailors, Marines, and airmen who earned their decorations who are now finding out that the Army is willing to awarded it just to cover its own butt...

Talk about a total abortion. Would have to agree Why the cover up. Seems these days no one can own up & tell the truth. Like you said hardest on the family. Here they say he was a Hero (which he & every one serving these difficult time is) & next that's ripped away from the family. it's hard enough to accept that you've lost a loved one, but then all you get is Government BS 1 lie after another. That has to tear into the family.

Semper Fi & Welcome home Brother

Rob

Back