• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what did you break

D.I.T.A

NAXJA Forum User
lets see some broken,bent,blown up,and horibly disfigured parts

My front diff needs dentures.

--Matt

4551_568746949639_24800499_33680016_1049328_n.jpg

Not badass.

Blew a lower radiator hose - easy fix thanks to DITA quickly spotting the tear.

Also had the threads pull out on my adjustable track bar - I suppose its possible that I didn't have it screwed in far enough:doh:

brokenhub1.jpg

as well as the welds on the ram mounting tabs

STROKER

Damn that sucks.

Look on the bright side, it will be extremely easy to pull that stupid locking ring out. (I always have trouble pulling that thing out).

Broke the end off of my inner drivers side axle shaft in the gauntlet Sunday afternoon. I think I also twisted the splines in the LSD as I was unable to remove it for the ride home. I also have about 1/8 turn worth of play in my front pinion. Damage well worth a weekend so enjoyable. See pics below, may have to click to enlarge. I will post more pics after I get the shaft out.

as well as the welds on the ram mounting tabs

STROKER

If you call those welds haha, they held as good as my shock mounts did, as predicted. I crested a blind hill, fully drooped the suspension & came down hard and broke them off and bent them like a boomerang. Back to the drawing board, but was a fun ride home 2hrs without them though.
scan1094.jpg

DITA on the vac prob

scan1067.jpg

I cracked a tail light on 1C on Thursday (see my pics thread for a snap), and bent up my rear bumper. Nothing all that pic-worthy, compared to you "professionals" :D.

Ben, I was just looking at that pic of your exploded hub (nicely done, BTW, gotta give you bonus points for going that extra mile to get "out of the box" there), and was wondering - what is that crack-like thing I'm seeing on the rim at about the 6 o'clock position, extending from the hub more or less straight out and down? Is that mud, or did you crack the center of the rim too?

was just coming out of the mini gauntlet on thursday, and all of a sudden the u-joint on the rear driveshaft blew apart. Then I realized that the slip yoke was seized, and would not budge....well..... it did after hitting it with a two pound sledge for a long time ( thanks keith ).

02-21-09 113.jpg 02-21-09 112.jpg

Last edited:
what is that crack-like thing I'm seeing on the rim at about the 6 o'clock position, extending from the hub more or less straight out and down? Is that mud, or did you crack the center of the rim too?

Yeah...that does look like a crack.

BEN, STOP POSTING PICTURES OF YOUR CRACK!!!!

:p

so far my list includes
tie rod and drag link - KO
rear output seal - KO
front pinion seal - KO
front bumper - bent
rear bumper - bent
rear view mirrior - -fell off
exhaust - very lose
rear diff cover started to peel up and it stoped the leak coming from the diff cover
and a k&n air filter - KO

Back