NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old August 9th, 2019, 09:08
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Running "hot" at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_surgeonfish View Post
Nice that you got it resolved. When was the last time you drained/flushed prior to the incident? Just curious as to how long it took to cause the radiator to plug. I flush my yearly and each time it looks new when draining.
Probably 6 months ago and it came out clean at that time.

As I said, I think the new pump (which is supposed to flow 20% more) likely caused scale and "junk" to come lose in the block and it got swept into the radiator. Fortunately it wasn't "sludge", just particles because the radiator shop was able to back wash the radiator and thereby clean out the tubes.
Old August 9th, 2019, 09:44
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Running "hot" at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLSegraves View Post
Probably 6 months ago and it came out clean at that time.

As I said, I think the new pump (which is supposed to flow 20% more) likely caused scale and "junk" to come lose in the block and it got swept into the radiator. Fortunately it wasn't "sludge", just particles because the radiator shop was able to back wash the radiator and thereby clean out the tubes.
Good to know...thx.