NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old August 6th, 2019, 10:40
NAXJA Forum User

Old Man Emu Coils

I just picked up a set of used lift coils for my stock 1994 XJ, and was told they were 3 OME lift rated for XJ. To verify before ordering additional lift parts, I took them down to my local ARB office and had a tech look at them. He came back and said they are actually 4 TJ springs, and they would work fine on my XJ.
Checking out rear OME lift springs, it looks like I may be spot on ordering the OMECS033RA with the add a leaf OMED22XL.
Ive never lifted a XJ before, seeing if anyone has any imput on The OME products. Also, maybe a source for quality shackles?
Thanks, Greg.
Old August 6th, 2019, 11:33
NAXJA Member

Re: Old Man Emu Coils

My only beef with the OME stuff is for the amount of money you pay they seem to struggle with being accurate with the lift height. 2"-3".... is it 2" or 3"!?!? I had to do a lot of research on my own to figure out what I wanted. I imagine thats only further complicated mixing parts. Did he tell you the model number of the springs?

I got the full leaf pack but when I first installed it wow there was a ton of rake. It settled down after a month and ended up fine, but I probably use a trim packer in the front, it only lifted about 1.75". I wish I had about another 0.5" in front. If he said its for a TJ then they may not be the typical XJ OME kit, so you might not have the same experience. You might want to prepare yourself for some trial and error.
Old August 6th, 2019, 12:42
NAXJA Forum User

TJ coil spring 4” front #2939
Also told me the extended length nitrocharger sport shock should be used.
Did you use that particular leaf pack?
Old August 6th, 2019, 15:06
Freakish Hand Strength

TJ Wrangler front axle lift kit coil springs give minus one inch lift to an XJ Cherokee. 4" TJ spings lift an XJ 3". JKS leaf spring shackles are dog leg style and work well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Go ahead and slam the liftgate down on a blanket, and see how long you are laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyjer

Tim MAY be 100% correct, but why would a person automatically pick him as the expert .....
Old August 6th, 2019, 16:27
NAXJA Member

I just installed OME coils. The amount of lift I ended up with was spot on with what OME specifies for those coils.
Old August 6th, 2019, 17:28
Jeepoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehowler View Post
Also, maybe a source for quality shackles?
Thanks, Greg.
Wouldn't mess with extended shackles.

Go with a shackle relocation kit. Will give you a little lift but also huge benefits for angles.

To give you an idea here's an all in one and ironman makes amazing quality stuff. Pricey but very made.

https://www.ironman4x4fab.com/product-page/xjax-kit
Mods; 3" IRO lift, ADDCO rear sway bar, 4.7HO with bored fastman TB, AFE intake and Superchip tuner, 32s, lunchbox rear 242HD, 3" Kolak exhaust