• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolt on lower half exo-cage build!

wanaB4x4

NAXJA Forum User
i had a idea that came to me when i got into my new shop and as my jd2 model 32 bender came in the mail along with my eastwood notcher.. why not build a jk/tj style of tube fenders that attaches to the bolt on front bumper..this reason is because my tires stick out about 6 inches on each side and i got a ticked for not having mud flaps and also bolts to the rockrails on the side. where that rock rail attaches to the rear tube bumper where then goes to the rear bumper and so on keep in mind to keep it mostly bolt on ... all made with 1.5" cold rolled .120 wall tubing .. i know not as strong but any metal will work i can go dom but the price just 3x as much

here is my idea these are not my vehicles just a base.. if its your xj .. thanks for the badass pic !
user5414_pic4265_12389688661.jpg

here is the front bumper
7495490003_large.jpg

heres the rear but not gonna do the tire carrier

bumper_r6.jpg

Last edited:
and here after 3 hours of measuring and bending . here is the first tube fender.. and wow jd32 bender is amazing . this is my first time using this type of manual bender and i prefer it over any

im gonna plate the top of the tubes just like a tj or evo jk style fender but all bolted to the unibody not the fender
2012-03-21173154.jpg

2012-03-21173320.jpg

2012-03-21173336.jpg

im gonna use sheetmetal molding on the plated part nearest the fender with 3m style tape like bushwacker uses on there fenders to get a clean look and if the tube flexes so will the cheap fender and they will stay in place togeather

Last edited:
thats tight. ive always wanted to do something like that. i just dont have the right tools to do it. defiantly subscribed. keep it updated.

i had a idea that came to me when i got into my new shop and as my jd2 model 32 bender came in the mail along with my eastwood notcher.. why not build a jk/tj style of tube fenders that attaches to the bolt on front bumper..this reason is because my tires stick out about 6 inches on each side and i got a ticked for not having mud flaps and also bolts to the rockrails on the side. where that rock rail attaches to the rear tube bumper where then goes to the rear bumper and so on keep in mind to keep it mostly bolt on ... all made with 1.5" cold rolled .120 wall tubing .. i know not as strong but any metal will work i can go dom but the price just 3x as much

here is my idea these are not my vehicles just a base.. if its your xj .. thanks for the badass pic !
user5414_pic4265_12389688661.jpg

here is the front bumper sort of im still goin over ideas
7495490003_large.jpg

heres the rear but not gonna do the tire carrier

bumper_r6.jpg

Nice work. I like the idea and I think you have potential to turn this into some very clean tube flares. Any ideas how you intend to bolt them on?

im gonna make a plate that is welded and then bolts to another plate that is gonna be the front bumper mount

kind like this ive just been brainstorming .....

the other side is gonna be connected to the rock rails .

Untitled-1.png

I love it. The hardest part of fabbing is making an exact copy for the opposite side. I do love me some JD2 as well.

its pretty easy to get the hang of it .. as long as u take your time and measure 3 times before bending and use a level to chauk the tube in the right spot i hit this one on the first try !

im gonna try to make these available !

if you do let me know!! i was going to order the jeeptubes front tubes but i really want to tie into the front like you did as well as my rock rails

Back