• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted XJ Grab Handle's

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ is lifted and my 5' wife has trouble getting in so I am looking for your Pics and Idea's for grab handles and where ya'll have installed them!
Thanks for your input in advance!!

Most XJ's come with Oh sh*t handles from the factor on every door except the driver's side. (at least each one I've seen). If those won't work, cage it and put some of the mastercraft grab handles for a wrangler in it.

yeah she cant reach them I need some on the windshield piller. I was thinking a cage and the soft strap handles but not sure if i want a cage?

Begster said:
Most XJ's come with Oh sh*t handles from the factor on every door except the driver's side. (at least each one I've seen). If those won't work, cage it and put some of the mastercraft grab handles for a wrangler in it.
where exactly are these factory handles? :D

KI4KWF said:
where exactly are these factory handles? :D

are you joking? look right above every door except the driver's side on your jeep. there are your oh sh*t handles. wranglers have oh sh*t bars, cherokees have oh sh*t handles.

Begster said:
If those won't work, cage it and put some of the mastercraft grab handles for a wrangler in it.

Wow.....that's buying an airplane to get free peanuts. Most oh shit handles are at the top of the door anyway- would be useless for a 5' tall person.
Why not just keep a folding step stool in the back....or get some rock sliders that have an added lip on them, I think RC sells them like that. Tough choice.

91Woody said:
Wow.....that's buying an airplane to get free peanuts.
Yes I know this, thats why I said it, it was supposed to be a little bit of a joke.

Begster said:
Yes I know this, thats why I said it, it was supposed to be a little bit of a joke.

Thats what she said

yeah I have the RC rock slider's now but at 5' and 6.5" lift she still needs something to grab on to to help pull herself into the rig.

be a gentleman and lift the lady into the seat, like i have to do with my kids. im sure she will appreciate it :D

get you a grab handle of a tractor truck and mount it to the front of the back door.

My wife has the same problem and she reaches inside and grabs the seat belt to get in sometimes. I have thought about how to put a soft handle of some type just inside the door between the seat and the b piller for her. I have the wide sliders with the "step" on them, but it is getting up on them with out getting all muddy, snowy, dirty that she hates.

next wife is just going to have to be taller i guess. :twak:

mudslinger4x4 said:
are you joking? look right above every door except the driver's side on your jeep. there are your oh sh*t handles. wranglers have oh sh*t bars, cherokees have oh sh*t handles.
oh, i was reading it like they were ON the doors.
brain=:passgas:

moz-screenshot.jpg
hoop2.jpg

Get these. You can remove them when you go wheeling.

I haven't actually done this yet, so I can't provide photos. I have the same problem with a petite gals getting into my rig. What I plan to do is weld together a handle that mounts into the existing mounting location. Problem solved :).

rope ladder....

Begster said:

:canada: If I told you I was Canadian would it make it okay? :confused1

Weld you some "oh sh*t" onto the A-pillars like mine, they are effective and out of the way. You can see them pretty good in this pic. This also makes them quite a bit lower than the factory ones.

001-1.jpg

Back