• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What about this suspension?

byrinxx74

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i was looking for a good suspension lift and came across this 6.5 inch long arm lift by IRON ROCK. I was wondering if anyone has heard about them and if its any good?:soapbox:

Ok so i was looking for a good suspension lift and came across this 6.5 inch long arm lift by IRON ROCK. I was wondering if anyone has heard about them and if its any good?:soapbox:

Got a link to their site? This might get better responses if moved to the Mod Tech forum.

But it flexamulates so good...
XJlakit.jpg

...how can it be junk?

this needs to be moved to mod tech for a better response from users who know more than just us.

It looks fairly easy to install, but there's not enough control it looks like for the arms to the axle.

I don't think it alone will provide any lift. You'll still need springs or spacers to get any lift I would guess.

Correct

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]XJ Critical Path Long Arm Upgrade[/FONT]

You still would need all the other parts for a complete kit.

Mods please move this to mod tech.

Iron rock offroad over builds about everything they make, i have there adjustable trac bar with double shear bracket,solid steel and pure beef. are they the first to run a y link with just 1 upper arm. No! when RK started selling it's 3 link, a lot of people said it wasn't safe. look how many run them now. there new system has a high clearence crossmember and a innovative way to adjust pinion angle.2" 5/16 wall ca's. so why is it junk? that being said i am not a y link or long arm fan. just get tired of people seeing something new and making blanket statements that it's junk! if you want to know how it works,there systems are run on xj's,zj's and wj's.call them and i am sure they can put you in touch with people who run there systems, so you can form a real opinion. my .02

Iron rock offroad over builds about everything they make, i have there adjustable trac bar with double shear bracket,solid steel and pure beef. are they the first to run a y link with just 1 upper arm. No! when RK started selling it's 3 link, a lot of people said it wasn't safe. look how many run them now. there new system has a high clearence crossmember and a innovative way to adjust pinion angle.2" 5/16 wall ca's. so why is it junk? that being said i am not a y link or long arm fan. just get tired of people seeing something new and making blanket statements that it's junk! if you want to know how it works,there systems are run on xj's,zj's and wj's.call them and i am sure they can put you in touch with people who run there systems, so you can form a real opinion. my .02

sure its beefy

i wouldnt run it due to the following:

a single 10mm uca bolt
3 rubber bushings holding your axle in place. if they had 4 it would be needed to compensate for binding, but I can't see that single uca bushing lasting long.

i don't like their website

they preach about how theirs are better than everyone elses

OMG THREADED JOINTS GET RUSTY AND MANGLED AND LOOSE THEY BADDDD

are they the first to run a y link with just 1 upper arm. No! when RK started selling it's 3 link, a lot of people said it wasn't safe. look how many run them now.

RK also isn't a y-link if thats what you're implying. Y-Link needs 4 links.

RK also isn't a y-link if thats what you're implying. Y-Link needs 4 links.

I was out at the hammers yesterday and saw 3 different "Y-link" type rigs with only 1 upper arm.

I'll probably use that same setup my new build.

People been doing it with 1 upper awhile, IRO seems to be the only one mass marketing it like RK did with the 3 link.

its not the one upper link that makes it bad, its the massive loss of ground clearance, weak mounting setup to the unibody and the lack of adj that makes it a bad kit

Back