• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension help

Green98xj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have a 6 inch fulltracion kit on my jeep now..
im have the jeep regeared to 4.56 locker installed yadyadyadyyad....

so i want to add 2 inch of lift while im taking the axels out now..heres my problem front to add a 2 in spacer or go with re 7.5 coil and .5 spacer or 8 inch skyjacker or rk coi;

rear would have to be a 2 inch block and i already have 5 in spring and 1 inch shackle is there any other way to add lift besides new spring in rear??

thanks noah

What tire size you running? If 4.56s I'd guess 33"-35"s? You should be able to clear those now with trimming, or is COG not an issue?

If you REALLY need to be that high, just use spacers for now so you can adjust it if need be. Then when you settle on a height, consider full springs.

For the rear have you considered moving the rear shackle mount? Should give you about 2". I have had no ill effects from doing this.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=901160
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26837

mattyj074 said:
Longer shackle & U bolt eliminators
TNT Ubolt eliminators are basically glorified blocks. They won't kick out on you like a standard block, but they aren't the best for spring wrap. Now if you had a traction bar.......

He already has shackles.

Last edited:
If you must go that high, I would go with RE coils and U-bolt eliminators.

That being said why go that high? I can fit 33" easy on my 5.5"; many people fit them with 4.5". Since I trimmed my wheel wells I can fit a 36” possibly 39” tire with out rubbing at full flex. Unless your going 40”+ you would be better off keeping your current lift and trimming your fenders then going taller, It’s just not worth the increased Center of Gravity in off-camber situations.

i have 35 mtrs im only goig 4.56 because of my crysler8.25 in the rear!im thinking of 37s after axel is built alloy usa shafts front and rear detroit locker rear and true trac front!
this is my rig

DSCF2980.jpg

I'd strongly recommend that you stay with the 35's and 6" lift. There's no where that you can/will take your rig that 37's will be an advantage over 35's........and you will break more often. And, you won't like the 4.56 gearing with the 37's, so you'll go backwards in street performance and braking.

I've run 31's, 32's, 33's, 35's, and 37's. I have a D44 with chomo's and CTM's. I've broken more since going to the 37's than I did with all the other combinations combined.

You have a nice setup, relax and enjoy it.

Back