• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me fix my Columbian Vise

Joe94xj

NAXJA Forum User
I broke my spindle on my Columbian D46 vise. I have looked all over the place for a replacement with no luck. I have found a few different spindles and spindle main nuts online. But the lengths are either too long or too short. Think the spindle can be welded back together? Or do you know of anyone that can make me another one? Or know where I might be able to find one? Pic of the damage below.

6983381271_f07a45fde5_b.jpg

the weld wont break, in that application it will shear on either side of the weld, but it would take a lot to break if properly welded (bevelled correctly and nice hot weld.)

What's the measurements of the spindle? My vice stripped the threads in the part the spindle screws into and i was gonna scrap it...... so I have a good spindle that might work for ya. I believe my vice is a 5"..... :dunno:

Diameter?

Threads were cut into the casting....... Fubar'd.

The one I have is the exact same diameter but 18" end to end.

I'm thinking it's ACME all-thread. There's still some metal imbedded in the threads of mine so disregard that odd looking thread section.

You're welcome to it if you think you can make it work. I might be able to find the castle nut that goes on the end.....

100_1430-1.jpg

Back