• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end shake

quackaddict86

NAXJA Forum User
I got a pretty nasty shake at 45mph when I hit the brakes. If its below 45mph its not so bad. Doesnt do it unless I hit a bump on the passenger side or I hit the brakes. I noticed when i rotated my tires if i grab the tire at the 3 and 9 postion theres a slight bit of play. Could this be track bar bushing??? What could be causing this?? Thanks alot guys.

Check your steering stabilizer. You may have to unhook it to make sure there is pressure in the unit. If it pushes in easy, replace it. Also check all of your steering components including your ball joints. I assume you have a lift. I had that happen to me once & it scarred the crap out of me.

at 3 and 9 it's probably tie rod end play

I had replaced the steering stablizer a few years ago. That had a problem of the passenger tire all but folding in on its self. And I was kinda thinking its just play but you can kinda see the whole steering linkage move and have play???? And its solid at 6 and 12 cause I just replaced the hub. thanks alot guys. Oh and I only have 2" of lift with fact. track bar.

if everything under it is moving when you push at 3/9 it's normal. Leave it on the ground and have someone rock the wheel solidly back and forth (engine off) while you lay under there and watch every connection for a jump, pop or extra little movement. Steering damper should do little or nothing for the little normal movements, it just dampens the sharp sudden movements

Back