• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

job searching

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
sucks!!!! i've never been "technically" employed and now that im looking for a part time job no one is hiring high school students that need to start saving up for college. or at least a place to live while said student works for college. i even went to McDonnalds looking for a job and they refused me. im not saying thats a good thing cause i really dont want to work fast food, but i cant be picky when money is tight.

had the same problem... i took up cutting yards and doing lift kits and general jeep maintenance for people...still doing it too

What about temp agencies? They're usually always hiring for something.

i did the yard thing mixed with pressure cleaning and tune ups. then i joined the USMC.

just a few thoughts for ya bro. good luck

Just as when you start your career after college, you need to network. It's be best way to get a job. Start with your friends, friends parents, teachers, school counselers, etc.

The one thing I've learned is 'it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know'.

You could go through college with a 4.0 and not get a job. If you have a 3.4, you could get a job easily just because you know the PM or someone working in that office.

The one thing I've learned is 'it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know'.

You could go through college with a 4.0 and not get a job. If you have a 3.4, you could get a job easily just because you know the PM or someone working in that office.
that's for sure... i have always had trouble getting jobs, excluding mechanic work, yard work, and carpentry, but as far as work for other people, they only want to hire people they know. i have lost jobs simply because i wasn't COOL enough to work there. anyway,for the past year or so, i've been kissing asses, and making connections with influential people in a couple government agencies such as state and national parks, and the usda. when i finally get out of college, these people remember the volunteer work i've done, the beer we've drunk together, and that i was the guy they listened to neal young with while we performed invasive plant removal on a national battlefield. if you want a job, make friends with people that have that job, and let them know that you are like minded.:guitar:

Are you willing to travel to Douglasville or surrounding areas? I have some friends that live over there and is always doing odd jobs. I will call him up and see if he has a need for an extra hand or if he knows of anything. If he does and you are, I will PM ya.
That might be a little far.

douglasville? wheres that at? im north of ATL

me electronics? yea im not the best but im not the worst with electronics. i still havent hit up all the main stream stores like best buy, fries, 4WP, etc etc.

....maybe this can help.

If you try hard enough I'm sure you can find something you are good at or like...
I graduated college and found a job that same day (which was nice) well after about 8 months the company went out of business so I went out and searched hard for anything in my field for bottom dollar and found one pretty quick, because I was not asking a lot of money, more "hey I'll work here if you pay my bills" and that worked out for a while. Things began drying up after about a year and a half and I had to find a real job in my field.

I was a service technician for one year until they decided they needed to lay me off a month ago. I was devastated. So I was half assed looking for work when suddenly I just decided to pull into this one dealership for some odd reason and throw in an application. They weren't hiring service techs, they were hiring car salesmen though, so I figured...what the hell, why not. I applied... and even w/ my 7 years of strictly mechanical experience they hired me...and I have actually been doing pretty decent at it...

To sum it up I'm not trying to boast or anything, but I'm sure if you search in the right place and listen to your conscience you will find your place....Good luck man..

Or become a male stripper in Vegas...that was my next option

Back