• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weld it on or bolt it on???

gill41083

NAXJA Forum User
I just made a set of rock sliders, should i weld them on or bolt them on. I have mostly seen them bolted on and im wondering if they are bolted on just so the the average joe with no welding skills can install them. I do plan to bolt them to the pinch seam but i wanted to get some feed back on how i should attach them to the "frame rails"

I plan on running hd offroad frame stiffeners, then bolting and welding my rails to it

If your not worried about pulling them off, just weld it.

But bolting them to the unibody rail and to the pinch seem will more then sufice for strength.

I bolted mine and used 4 runners between the frame rail and the slider, but I like to overbuild. If there is any chance you might put on frame stiffeners or long arms I would go bolt on's so you can upgrade later.

Depending on how they're made, you may need to remove them to remove the forward leaf spring bolts. Mine are that way (Kevin's Jeep parts) otherwise I would have stitch-welded them in addition to bolting them on.

i welded them on, if i need to take them off i will just cut them off, here's some pics

104_0400.jpg

104_0401.jpg

104_0402.jpg

Back