• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0715 - trans shifting fine

flybynight

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, first post in a great forum. My CEL came on and I pulled a P0715 on my 2000 XJ 4.0 AW4. I replaced the input sensor and cleared the code. The code constantly reappears 20 to 30 minutes into a drive (seems random). The trans shifts fine with no noticeable problems. I've cleaned the input sensor connections. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
45350c4eb33ac8ff9d71182e2d7c642b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many miles ago did you replace it?

Ran continuity test today on the two lines from the sensor to the TCM. The circuits are good. I also cleaned all the grounds I could find. Cleared the code just to have it come back on 30 minutes later. Any chance the (non-mopar $30) replacement input sensor I installed is faulty? I'm stumped....

what year is it? there may be 2 sensors and maybe you changed the wrong one? or it just cant read the speed constantly. maybe try swapping the input and output sensor.

Hello, first post in a great forum. My CEL came on and I pulled a P0715 on my 2000 XJ 4.0 AW4. I replaced the input sensor and cleared the code. The code constantly reappears 20 to 30 minutes into a drive (seems random). The trans shifts fine with no noticeable problems. I've cleaned the input sensor connections. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
45350c4eb33ac8ff9d71182e2d7c642b.jpg

90xj06 - There's only 1 input speed sensor on a AW4.
OP, I would check all the wiring/connections up to the ECM.

I changed the input sensor ( forward part of the trans). The output sensor is further aft and looks much tougher to get to. I traced the wires from the sensor to the TCM. My plan is to run two new wires. If that doesn't work I may splurge on a expensive Mopar sensor.

Wanted to revive and see and any of you experts can shed some light. Here is where I stand with my P0715 code. I've installed to new input sensor...still get the code after clearing it. I've cleaned all the grounds and connectors in the engine compartment....still get the code. I've tested for continuity between the TCM and the sensor and the resistance is good (650). Any idea how to get rid of this P0715????

Wanted to revive and see and any of you experts can shed some light. Here is where I stand with my P0715 code. I've installed to new input sensor...still get the code after clearing it. I've cleaned all the grounds and connectors in the engine compartment....still get the code. I've tested for continuity between the TCM and the sensor and the resistance is good (650). Any idea how to get rid of this P0715????

You've done everything I would have. You did change the sensor at the front of the tranny and not the rear correct? Is it shifting okay otherwise? I believe the input sensor is really only there so the TCU can detect if the transmission isn't shifting correctly or the t/c isn't locking up. I don't think it's used directly to determine when to shift.

The sensor has two wires to it and gets grounded through the TCU. So measuring the sensor at the TCU connector with it unhooked, you shouldn't see any continuity to ground. I'm just wondering if the wire is chaffed somewhere and intermittently touching ground or another wire.

This article mentions a bad ECT causing it, but I don't understand how it could. https://repairpal.com/OBD-II-Code-P0715

Back