• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Stiffener and Control Arm Bracket

I think I'd cut it off where it wraps around the frame.

You could pull the bracket off and scribe it in but I'm not sure that would be worth while

If it were mine, I would keep the stiffeners intact. You want to stiffen your ride for a reason. So why leave a relative large section unfinished? It's a lot of work either way you do it.

I kept mine intact and installed brackets over them. Welded braces to stiffeners. It's been about 10 years... so far so good!
f4e1cf906a59cdd5d0b83442eef8e98f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On my 2001 XJ, the dropped bracket braces were removed and then the stiffeners were welded in place. The dropped bracket braces were then reinstalled, bolted and welded to the stiffeners .
The brackets brace bolt holes were enlarged to allow them to bolt up to the dropped brackets, adjusting for the added thickness of the stiffeners.
It wasn't a big deal to do.

Thanks all for the suggestions and clarifications. Looks like I will install stiffeners intact, then put the drop bracket plate under it, with slotted holes to the control arm mounting unit.

I am pretty sure I will be going with hooligan stiffeners.

Back