• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nvg241or transfer case thrust washer

XjNick95

NAXJA Forum User
I have a TJ Rubicon transfer case that I tore down to replace the mod and shift lever consumables. But during the assembly I accidentally destroyed a plastic thrust washer. I have spent the better part of 2 weeks trying to find the thrust washer that the input gear rides on inside the planetary. The only thing I can figure is I have to order a new planetary from mopar at a $1400 price tag. Has anyone else tried to find this piece. I've come to the conclusion to ordering UHMW plastic stock and machine it into a thrust washer to get me by for 1 weekend of wheeling. However I dont believe it will last long term. I believe I'll end up ordering a bronze piece to machine and replace the plastic. But have some concerns that ATF +4 is not the correct lubricant for a bronze thrust washer. Would just like to hear other peoples opinions.

The attached link is to pictures of my situation.

TJ transfer case thrust washer pictures

I would start by getting all the measurements, I think you could easily replace it with a Torrington bearing.

Back