• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle Length

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 5.5 inch R.E. lift on my 1990 XJ. Since the shckle was near vertical, I added a shackle relocation bracket Now I need to go with a longer shackle to get the best angle without a loss in hieght. My current shackle measures 5 inches from pivot points.

Unfortunately most all vendors rate their shackles as how much added lift they give you, ie 1 or 3 inch lift for example. This is driving me nuts that they do not list the the actual length between pivot points! since mine is non stock, I have no idea what length between pivot points these longer ones really are. The vendors have failed big time in giving a clear specification.

Heck on another project, no one listed the length of the pitman arms they sell, instead they specify them as good for a 4 inch lift or such useless info, never mind if you have a trackbar drop bracket of not.

So same issue with the rear spring shackles, no info on the length between pivot points.

I am thinking I may need to go maybe 6 to 8 inches between pivot points.

What brand shackle has this diminsion of say six to eight inches between pivot points?

Golly, the marketing for these jeep parts is nuts, no real info for folks who know what they need, rather they spit out useless specs, as if they know best.

Iron fab 4x4 and other have adjustable shackles. Maybe look for designs you like and call that vendor, ide bet you could get something easily customized if need be.

Back