• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LS swap XJ

4bt_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there, so my original plan was to build this Xj i bought for $100. It was an absolute piece but it was the perfect building platform for my crawler. I have a 3.9L cummins 4bt in my shop and that was my original plan for the crawler. After long thought, i decided to let my 4bt collect more dust and put a LS in it instead. I have 2 LS's, 1 turnkey and 1 short block along with two 4L60's and a 4L80 with plenty of T Cases. The other night i pulled the 120k mile turnkey out of the vehicle along with the wiring harness. My reason for this thread is to look to others who have, or helped install an LS in a cherokee and i'm looking for tips, ideas, parts recommendations, etc. Once i get some pictures of things i'll show you all what i have been working with.

I'm all ears fellas.

cool project, but get ready for a lot of work -- which I'm sure you're prepared for. It's a lot of heartache, and in the end not sure it was worth it (I have a zz6 400/400 motor in my '88), but it is super cool.
Get to know the guys at novack well-- they've done more of these conversions than anyone I know (ls and the old school zz6/zz5/zz4 conversions) and well spend time on the phone with you trouble shooting when needed.

Back