• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7.0 HEMI JK

JeepinJoe

NAXJA Forum User
Have you seen this?
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=54134
teraflex-bdl-1.jpg

tiredayOC_033.jpg

Those wheels are horrid.
I didn't go to the link, but I'll bet it gets going pretty good with that 7.0L.

Last edited:
I would take it just to give me a reason to turn my junk into a trail rig !:D

40 pages and 400 posts! I don't care what he did to it, I'm not reading that.

Opinion:
'Hate the wheels.
Automatic? Wonder if the brakes will hold it back in low range, 1st gear,...
Love to see him bash that baby up in the rocks around here:D

That 4x4 program on spike did a hemi TJ conversion a few weeks ago, straight drop in, the company they used had the harness, motor mounts, ecu, all you needed was the engine and tranny. They got the engine from a boneyard.

That 4x4 program on spike did a hemi TJ conversion a few weeks ago, straight drop in, the company they used had the harness, motor mounts, ecu, all you needed was the engine and tranny. They got the engine from a boneyard.

I wish my local junkyards had hemis just lying around.

I think they got it from ebay actually...

I think they got it from ebay actually...

from an ebay boneyard. They said that one of the pieces on the engine was broken, so they called up the boneyard they got it from and they were sending them a new piece.

from an ebay boneyard. They said that one of the pieces on the engine was broken, so they called up the boneyard they got it from and they were sending them a new piece.

oh, ok, i heard wrong, I though he said ebay user... oh well... thats what I get for trying to watch spike and a 2 year old at the same time.

on another note... how much do you think it costs to get the VIN printed into a new ECU? I don't think they talked about it on the show but I wanted to know.
i was disappointed to find out that if I were to swap my engine out, it would have to be done

oh, ok, i heard wrong, I though he said ebay user... oh well... thats what I get for trying to watch spike and a 2 year old at the same time.

on another note... how much do you think it costs to get the VIN printed into a new ECU? I don't think they talked about it on the show but I wanted to know.
i was disappointed to find out that if I were to swap my engine out, it would have to be done

What a racket that is, the Chrysler scan tool was the only one that could access that level. If you know a mech that has the tool it takes all of 3 minutes to plug into the OBDII under the dash, turn on the tool, page down about 6 pages, enter the vin from the keyboard and thats it.

What a racket that is, the Chrysler scan tool was the only one that could access that level. If you know a mech that has the tool it takes all of 3 minutes to plug into the OBDII under the dash, turn on the tool, page down about 6 pages, enter the vin from the keyboard and thats it.

Very Interesting... I wonder if I could turn a laptop into a "Chrysler scan tool"...

Last edited:
Very Interesting... I wonder if I could turn a laptop into a "Chrysler scan tool"...

OBDII plug to USB, now all you need is to figure out how to talk to it. One of my customers is buying an ECU reprogramming package and taking the classes. I'll be on that one too.

Back