• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME shocks for 5.5" lift

KLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Will these shocks work for 5.5" lift?

The OME N35L (long-travel front) measure 15.5" closed and 26.5" open.

The N36L (rear) measure 14.5" closed and 24.5" open.

What other shocks should I consider? Thanks

KLXJ said:
Will these shocks work for 5.5" lift?

The OME N35L (long-travel front) measure 15.5" closed and 26.5" open.

The N36L (rear) measure 14.5" closed and 24.5" open.

What other shocks should I consider? Thanks

The rears are a bit on the short side, I think, they should be OK with a set of Bar Pin Eliminators though.

I run them on my truck for about 2 months. I removed them because they didn't seem to match the spring rates well (I am using Rusty's 4.5" lift kit, with full springs, which has netted me 5.5" of lift in the front and a little more at the rear). They seem to have lost a great deal of their dumping capacity, in a very short period (2 months as I said), allowing the truck to bounce. This might be an isolated incident (as my luck is with this truck, I might have gotten a lemon set), I have heard several people here, speaking very highly of those shocks.

I would suggest Bilsteins, they have a matching set for this lift height (I hate to even suggest it, but you could call Rusty for them), they seem to be able to control the truck much better than the OMEs.

Rgds

ok .. first you whould park the truck on flat ground and measure the distance from the upper shock mount to the lower shock mount when fully compressed and also when fully drooped out.. that will tell you whether or not these shocks will fit and what will fit if they dont..

me personally .. i am using 10 inch travel bilstein 5150s in the rear ( shock mounts are relocated ) and 11 inch travel bilstein 5150s in the front... i am sitting at about 7-8 inches of lift in the rear and 6.5-7 inches of lift in the front. i love my shocks they are awesome.

Dave, what are the part numbers of the shocks you got? I'm sitting about the same highth and my ride is really stiff, but then again i have Ranchos in the back and Rusty's up front.

i can get them for you tonight after i get off of work.. i'll post them tomorrow for you.

Dirk at DPG offroad give him a call he is running these shocks at a 6" lift I think and he said they are a little too short for him. I ordered mine there and he said with my lift they should work just fine. I have a 5" lift by the way DIG IT!

Back