• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When it rains .....

DJManche

NAXJA Forum User
First off thank you Troy for saving my ass , just when you think your down ,
another pop in the gut .

Just when I saw the silver lining at the end of the day and Troy rolls off in my last project truck I focus my attention on my 92 , finishing the serpentine belt
and getting it ready for the road , I crank the 92 MJ up to head out and the throttle sticks and sends the motor high almost throwing a rod , so needless to say my last Jeep is done .

I may sell it if I have a buyer ...

How do you almost throw a rod? It does or it doesn't.

How's the compression?
and check the valvetrain. I've pumped lifters, had lifters stuck in the bore from over-revving. It barely ran until I put some ATF in the oil.

Think positive, sort out the problem before you stick a fork in it.

Sounds likes valve train issue to me, but I would definitely check it out before giving up on it.

Yeah, if it ain't knocking...... the bottom end is likely fine. I suppose with a super high rev you could have stretched or floated the timing chain and skipped a tooth or two which would make it run like that.

I sure hope you don't have to bail on your '92. That'd truely be a shame.

I don't want to give up on that truck but an economical solution might be a better switch considering my predicament .

I'm sure its either valve train or slack in timing causing the idling and rough , either of witch
I'll need time and help with that .

If anyone else knows of a shop or anyone that can help me with my MJ ,
I would be in debt forever to anyone that can help .

My wife hates my MJ , she'll have it towed to spite .

Back