• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Workdays - July 11 - 12

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Come join the NAXJA SoCal Chapter on our next Adopt-A-Trail workdays on 2N04 on July 11th and 12th.

SATURDAY, JULY 11
Meet Point Northern terminus of Palm Avenue / Southern end of 2N49 (Waypoint B on this map)

We will patrol 2N49, work on the 2N49A spur, and possibly do other duties.

SATURDAY NIGHT CAMPING
Dispersed camping at 2N49.

SUNDAY, JULY 12
Continue 2N49 work. If trail work complete recreational wheeling (Possibly Cleghorn to I-15?).

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). 2WD XJ is acceptable with front tow points.

Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoes mandatory. Hard hats may be available but if you have your own please bring it. In tick-areas it is best to cover as much skin as possible.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so we can properly plan. Please state which days you will be doing the maintenance and whether you are camping.

Last edited:
I am donating blood on Saturday but could drive up there that afternoon. Is the area you are camping accessible in a Jetta? No, I cannot take the Suburban, only Shannon gets to drive it off-road... Maybe I can convince her to come with...

Change in plan. We will still be camping in the same location but due to low turnout we will not be doing the Arrastre Creek project. Instead we will be doing light work on 2N04 then checking out other trails in the area as requested by the Forest Service. We will check out various trails on the East Side on Saturday including Heartbreak Ridge. On Sunday we will work our way West and check out Gold Mountain and other Holcomb Valley areas. Gold Mountain has been getting a lot of illegal off-trail use that needs to be monitored and mitigated.

Heartbreak and Gold Mountain are USFS Black Diamond rated trails. If you are unable to complete these trails we will make arrangements to meet up.

Where would be a good place to meet on Sunday morning? I would need to ride in someone's Jeep and then be dropped off at the car again once we are done.

CHANGE IN PLAN

I just got word that the East side closure is still in effect and includes 2N04 (which was not listed on the announcement). We are going to re-target this weekend's work to 2N49. Meet up at the end of Palm Road.

Please chime in if you're still going.

Back