• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th of July Campout

What nights will you be camping

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
We have the Green Spot Group Campground reserved for Friday and Saturday nights July 1st and 2nd. Currently Sunday the 3rd is reserved by someone else. I'm keeping any eye on the reservation site and will swoop on it if it becomes available. If people want to stay through Sunday night we could possibly do some dispersed camping on 2N04, our Adopt A Trail.

The campground has picnic tables, a fire ring, bathrooms and pleny of parking. It is behind a locked gate.

This is one of the programs available to the Adopt A Trail Clubs.

The only requirement is that we perform some maintenance on our trail that weekend.

There are a couple of projects that will take some (wo)manpower to complete. My thoughts are to hit the work early in the morning to avoid the heat of the day the spend the rest of the day exploring some of the not-so-visited trails of the Forest.

I had to vote that I am an idiot, as I don't think I can make this.

I'll try and drive up for the trail work, but then have to get back to other projects.

I'm planning on being there, likely with wife and kids, but we are not 100%

I'll be there. Maybe Alden will be too. Eddie for sure. Branton probably not though you just never know.

Karen + 2 cairns hopefully. Her bf Les possibly.

I work til 3 or 5 on Friday, so I'll get there a little late, but I'm off Monday AND Tuesday, so I may be lurking in the vicinity... I call dibs on the little bumpout on 2NO4 where we knocked out the fire ring on the 22nd...if it's acceptable to camp there. I'll even forgo a fire...

I'll be there. Maybe Alden will be too. Eddie for sure. Branton probably not though you just never know.

I work til 3 or 5 on Friday, so I'll get there a little late, but I'm off Monday AND Tuesday, so I may be lurking in the vicinity... I call dibs on the little bumpout on 2NO4 where we knocked out the fire ring on the 22nd...if it's acceptable to camp there. I'll even forgo a fire...

Carol there is a better spot than that.

Yeah the bummer thing about dispersed camping is absolutely no fires.

A yellow post site would be a possiblity, albeit a slim one. We could have a fire at a YP site.

Yeah, the YP's will likely be taken. But I'm cool with no fire, if it's JULY... =)

The Karen/Cairns are planning on this, maybe even a grandkid or 2

Oh, and I'd love to do some fishing while there !!!
You keep wanting to go fish every time we're up there... we'll see if we can make it happen for you this time--I love a rousing game of Go Fish! Oh, wait...

Sebastian and I will be there Friday and Saturday nights. Unless something amazing happens and I actually have time to correct the issue and get the red Jeep smogged we'll be in the '96 again.

Any more takers?

Come up for a day if you can't make it the whole weekend.

Seeing that we'll be there all weekend the plan is to be on the trail by 9am and work till it gets hot or we decide to call it a day. In the afternoons my thought was to check out some of the trails in the area, nothing that is too difficult, just show people other parts of the forest other than John Bull, Gold Mountain and Dishpan.

Some people expressed interest in doing some fishing so a run down to the head waters of the Santa Ana river may be in order.

Sounds glorious! But can we be on the trail by 9:30 or 10am & still work til it gets hot? I need more beauty sleep than the average bear =).

Sounds glorious! But can we be on the trail by 9:30 or 10am & still work til it gets hot? I need more beauty sleep than the average bear =).

Sure.

Who plans on camping Sunday night?

I may have a solution to the no campground issue, but I need a good head count and what kind of camping gear.

Back