• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ axle swap/build

I love having the 4 speed. The np231 and 4 speed atlas are about 3/4" different if I recall, I can look through my pics if you need to know for sure.

I went with the 5.44 and I would love to see how the higher ratios. If I am in low low and 1st gear it works great in most cases. The 2:1 works great for the easier stuff and rytted dirt roads and sand.

If I were to do anything different I would do the 4 speed with the 4.3. I am interested to see how much better it is on harder stuff like soup or the optional line on slick rock

I fully support this. I always suggest getting the 4speed. It will make your front and rear driveshafts the same length so you only need one spare. And the case lands in the same void in the floor as stock so less clearancing is needed.

That makes things really nice. I have the SFR link mounts and crossmember/tcase skid and it’s set up for the Np231j so I think it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love having the 4 speed. The np231 and 4 speed atlas are about 3/4" different if I recall, I can look through my pics if you need to know for sure.

I went with the 5.44 and I would love to see how the higher ratios. If I am in low low and 1st gear it works great in most cases. The 2:1 works great for the easier stuff and rytted dirt roads and sand.

If I were to do anything different I would do the 4 speed with the 4.3. I am interested to see how much better it is on harder stuff like soup or the optional line on slick rock

Thanks for the info! That’s not too bad, might be even easier to install than the NP241OR haha!

Yeah, the 4 speed makes so much sense because of how many options you have with the doubler and the front/rear drive options too.

Now I just have to get this thing parted out and sold so I can afford an Atlas maybe
aa9f6c674e5564520ad9465ee502f3e7.jpg

Thanks! That was super helpful. Looks like atlas might be a better fit.

I believe they’re all 23 spline, at least that’s what I’ve heard.

damn, I'd need a newer transmission. I was interested until it required me getting a new transmission.

Is the front axle straight ?

Ok cool. Is it for sale ? Im assuming 4.10s and elocker stock rubi LP

Cool . I pmd you for a price so i can tell my
Buddy Bill. He is a naxja member but never hits the forum

Do you have an auto or manual? This one is already attached to a transmission haha

Good point. I just pulled the transmission and transfer case to replace a freeze plug. You are about two weeks late to sell the combo. Not IDEAL timing to pull funds for Jeep parts however keep me informed.

Good point. I just pulled the transmission and transfer case to replace a freeze plug. You are about two weeks late to sell the combo. Not IDEAL timing to pull funds for Jeep parts however keep me informed.

So close! I feel you on the timing, things are a little uncertain with corona virus. I’ll PM about it.

Well I’ve got most of the TJ sold off. Have the frame and few misc parts and pieces left. Was planning on getting an atlas tcase but I realized that I needed to do frame stiffeners and do a decent amount of welding during the axle swap. Sooo I decided to invest in a welder for the time being and I’ll save for an atlas in the future.
0d88de657c7a6084a224eaba08889339.jpg

Miller multimatic 215

Nice welder. Wish I would have known you were looking to buy a 215.

I've been thinking of selling my 215 w/ Tig kit which is basically new (1 1lb spool through it) and upgrading to the 220 that I wish I waited for,

Nice welder. Wish I would have known you were looking to buy a 215.

I've been thinking of selling my 215 w/ Tig kit which is basically new (1 1lb spool through it) and upgrading to the 220 that I wish I waited for,

Oh man, that would have been pretty sweet! Are you going to the 220 for the AC tig?

The AC tig as well as not having to scratch start tig.
I also want the ability to swap back and forth between processes without having to change bottles and attachments to the front of the machine.

Do I really need all of that, probably not. But It would be very nice to have.

The AC tig as well as not having to scratch start tig.
I also want the ability to swap back and forth between processes without having to change bottles and attachments to the front of the machine.

Do I really need all of that, probably not. But It would be very nice to have.

I see, that does sound pretty nice! I didn’t realize that the 215 uses a scratch start tig, oh well.

Back