• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another... Build thread for an xj on 40s and one tons in norcal

e0fb2545e9938ddd0c6963d873215e14.jpg
43ff2063ca552d036c0f715140c095f9.jpg
2e359ab516e89c5a50a92a05732cc870.jpg
4e62c4fe8d50054dae9596309ffd0811.jpg
c0708248b2471f75e5d0261faeb12fc6.jpg

Got the wfo speaker cans installed with some kenwood marine speakers. Needed to have tunes with no roof and therefore no stock overhead speaker bar and with the tube doors coming wasnt going to have any speakers. . Thanks to Clydefrog for grabbing them from WFO for my will call order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks man!

WB:
Actually, I need to double check WB, with the MJ leaves, the long Ruffstuff perches, and using the most rearward hole on the ruffstuff perches, I think I ended up at 103-104" depending on where I ended up putting my lowers. I try to measure tonight after work and post up.

Coils:
I am using a 6" PAC coil now, but the dude who welded the coil buckets on, welded them pretty high, so its like a 7-7.5" lift because of that. A 6" coil will be fine with the 40s, and I plan to eventually drop it down up front, but I needed the stiffer coil and the taller coils to help not kill shocks and add some On-road stability.
I am using a 12" short body 7100's, I re-valved them to 400/100.
Tires:
These 40s are very true to size, I believe they are 40", I can always measure again but they are huge compared to my old 37s. They are great on road and good enough offroad, I think once they wear in more they will get better. I think the rear traction bar is going to help a ton too. Ill measure tires as they sit now at 22psi which is my highway driving psi.

As for the rear leafs:
MJ bastard packs, with some 4-6" XJ leaves that already on the rig, shackle relocation boxes, and a 1.5" boomerang, I ended up with like 8-8.5" lift, but I haven't put all my gear and my spare tire in it, which adds like 500+ pounds, so I am sure it will be closer to 7.5" loaded.

With a 106.4" wheel base did you have to raise the gas tank, or did you bump stop it so the 14 bolt wouldn't smash into it?
Did you move the front axle any and did you put in front stiffners?

Im around 104”. The 14b barely clears the gas tank. Sits under it just a bit. Its bump stopped a ton in the rear S10 bumps with like 2” air gap.i have no idea how the 14 hasnt smashed the gas tank honestly it looks like it would always contact but it never does.

Front axle is 1-2” forward cant remember exactly how much.

Check out the most recent version of the build !

Youtube video here:

https://youtu.be/aaaSPQ8eNh4

I am going to be redoing the drag link over the coming weeks and all new FK heims in the steering.

How far is your track bar from the front coil spring bump stop?

trackbar from the bump stop? Far enough not to be hitting the coils, so it's no where near the bump stops .

Back