• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

View beefy enough for u joints, what do you have?

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Vise beefy enough for u joints, what do you have?

Hey all,

Looking for recommendations on a bench vise that's stout enough to press out u joints.

Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
:read:

Last edited:
Instead of using a vise to remove and replace u-joints, I use an OTC ball joint kit.
It is easier if the driveshaft is clamped in a vise, to hold it still, while punching out the old caps.

Instead of using a vise to remove and replace u-joints, I use an OTC ball joint kit.
It is easier if the driveshaft is clamped in a vise, to hold it still, while punching out the old caps.

I have the HF version. Definitely my go to for u joints. An impact driver for the screw and your done before you know it. A box end wrench or socket works fine too. On the plus side the case its in slips in the cargo area no problem.

Yeah I was trying to avoid not acquiring another tool that would hardly be used, the press is deffinetly easier.

Back