• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1986 cherokee "cheif" part out. 2.5, 5 speed 4x4

moparmansfield

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys. picked up a xj to part out. I need a few parts off it, but the rest is up for grabs. its a 1986 Cherokee chief with 2.5, 5 speed, 4.10s. redish orange on red, 169,000 miles. its been sitting under a pine tree for the last 5 years..

2.5 4 cylinder engine. runs good. no smoke, no noises. come hear it run. ill get compression numbers this week.

5 speed tranny. clutch feels like its on it last leg. synchros all feel good. not sure which tranny it is.

dana 35 with 4.10s.

hp30 with vac disconnect. 4.10 gears.

full red interior. driver seat is torn up. passengers needs a shampooing.

pretty much everything you can see in the pictures.

I'm keeping the windshield and transfer case, and some small pieces here and there.

let me know what you want and ill shoot you a price. will ship small stuff on your dime.

IIRC, 5spd should be an AX5.

what do you want for the front end? I know a guy looking for a 4.10 dana 30 NON-Vac disco, but maybe he would deal with all the conversion BS for the right price ?

Wats ya want for those stock wheel tires?? How does the tires look?

$80 for all 4. all tires look like they'll last 5-6months dd use. I actually like the rims, if I don't find a buyer, ill just keep em.

Last edited:
I'm getting rid of my mj's o.g. header panel. grill went to my dads jeep. make offer. no cracks or real damage.

Last edited:
parts are coming off. let me know what you want, letting parts go for cheap!

Those red door panels wood be pimpin' in Hot Lips.

D30 still available?

d30 and hatch are gone. everything else is up for grabs CHEAP or FREE. I just got a new job and need to get this thing gone.

I know people that are looking for just a shell so message me before you take it to the scrap yard please.

Need these parts gone! let me know what you need. If in the bay/sac, I can possibly deliver.

dana 30 gone.

I will sell the shell that includes FULL drivetrain less dana 30,(dana 35 still attached) and full interior, only glass is windsheild, no doors or front clip body parts. You would need a flat bed trailer to pick it up, I have a cherry picker I can use to roll the front of the jeep(no front axle) out onto your trailer. The motor runs great, tranny works fine, transfer case made no noises and went into 4wd d35 has 4.10s but I think it had a hum. this Is a great start for a buggy/beater/whateveryouwant. all you would need is a steering column and a front axle for it to drive. I need the garage back for my new job( I keep a lot of parts at home).

$100.

This money will go towards the toy drive in November if it sells before then.

I saw a picture of a XJ trailer the other day. I am a little interested in the hollow shell I don't need anything with it as I'll be stripping it to make it into a camper

I don't really have the space or time to take out the drivetrain. Would be sold as-is.

naxja price $50! Ill throw in some parts that came off the jeep as well. you could pull the drivetrain and sell it for $300-$400 then scrap the shell for another $100-200. I need the space bad so make me an offer!

If you still have these parts and can hold them until the toy drive:

How much for the:

• The gauge cluster
  • Front turn signal & marker lights (both sides)
  • Both sides headlight bezel and grill.

If you still have these parts and can hold them until the toy drive:

How much for the:

• The gauge cluster
  • Front turn signal & marker lights (both sides)
  • Both sides headlight bezel and grill.

$20 for all. I have to check on the turn signal and marker lights though, might be cracked.

Back