• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fouling plugs, same type, help, help...

mikeny59

NAXJA Member #300
Scenario:

Just switched out old Platinum 4's w/same, perfect condition, perfect color, preventive maintenance.

No problems, then while beneath engine decide to clean and apply dialectric grease to 4-pin connector that appears to go between first 02 sensor and to fuel rail, splits off to temp. sensor in thermostat housing.

BAM!!! Idle bites, acceleration/performance still awesome. But as soon as I let of the gas (auto) it feel like I tapped the breaks, I lurch forward.

BTW, check engine light on.

Go home, disconnect battery, clean plugs, clean out dialectric crap from connector, reconnect battery, go for a drive, better, check engine light off, pull plugs, still fouling, maybe a hair less.

Wtf? Gonna see if there's crap in the throttle body, please, any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS, now in my garage when I maintain 3k in park, misses big time. Do the same with that connector disconnected 3k stays dead on, no misses. Then check engine light greets me.

This can't have anything to do with just-installed front driveshaft?!? :laugh:

Last edited:
What about the wires coming off the O2? Could be a short or broke?
Check your fuses also!

I cleaned the male/female connector with electronic contact cleaner than used dialectric grease. That must have grenaded it.

OttoZone=free OBD II check= $68 dollar 02 sensor= problem solved...

Learn from MY mistake...

Back